Page 522 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Faery View Post
    Haha! I'm laughing so I must not have stuck around long enough yet.
    When your drawers and closets are bursting at the seams and you have no money left for food, THEN it's not funny any more!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    This one? http://www.drugstore.com/alberto-vo5...ream/qxp172135

Click the "ingredients" tab...

That's the one!!

Thanks Gru!!

I was hoping you were still on here..and OMG! your before and after photos! Amazing!
    Sorry! I'm a newb and have been reading the old old pages on here!

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suze2012 View Post
    A quick 'nuther quesh..VO5 strawberries & Cream...can someone write me out the ingredients label please?

We can get it online pretty cheap in the UK and if I go for some I'd like to make sure it's the same stuff.

Thanks..and so so sorry for that enormous post above 'hands co washed head in shame' !!!
    Actually I quite liked your enormous post. What was interesting to me was that you can hear the pitch changes in the clean squeak. My husband is very musical, so now I'm wondering if you are, too?

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    When your drawers and closets are bursting at the seams and you have no money left for food, THEN it's not funny any more!
    Haha, I have no closets to begin with, so all my hair stuff is in a pile in the bedroom. ...and taking over the bathroom...and yeah. But I've a ways to go. I suppose that might be a diet I could stick to: the "I need more hairtoys!" diet...

Length
    ?/13in./30

Since we have no shampoo in the house I asked my husband yesterday what he is using. He is Coing too! The funny thing is that he is in the military so he has a very short short hair cut. His scalp is looking very clear though! Trying to convince my sister to CO because her hair is thick and curly like mine and it would be cheaper, plus she is growing out short hair so she could prevent damage now.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I used to CO, but I didn't look into it enough and used Pantene and other coney conditioners. It worked great for a while but after a year my hair was super limp all the time. I've been playing around with sulfate-free shampoos and shampoo bars and etc and it was ok, but not great. My ends have been rough and the underlayer was frizzy and awful.

So I tried CO again today with VO5, just scrubbed in, left for a minute or two, rinsed, and put more into the ends.

And bam! CURLS! The top layer needs a little help (I bought a stronger leave-in today so that should help) but the under layer looks so healthy and not-frizzed out!

So I'm definitely sticking to this for a while -- my question is, does anyone know of a relatively cheap herbal conditioner that works for this? I like a very strong herbal smell and Suave/VO5 all seem to go for very floral scents. Think like, panacea or rosemary/lavender/clove like smell.
    Last edited by brave; May 18th, 2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Picture too big. Turned into link.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I tried the blue Tesco HBM conditioner (Moisture rich). It's not as thick as the orange version. I could mix the orange one like 4:6 water to condish and it was still amazing. This one is too runny after I added 20-30% of water to the consish in a separate bottle. The cleaning level is the same, though. Maybe the Moisture Rich is slightly heavier so my hair looks greasy earlier. Just a bit.

Length
    19/34/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    I used to CO, but I didn't look into it enough and used Pantene and other coney conditioners. It worked great for a while but after a year my hair was super limp all the time. I've been playing around with sulfate-free shampoos and shampoo bars and etc and it was ok, but not great. My ends have been rough and the underlayer was frizzy and awful.

So I tried CO again today with VO5, just scrubbed in, left for a minute or two, rinsed, and put more into the ends.

And bam! CURLS! The top layer needs a little help (I bought a stronger leave-in today so that should help) but the under layer looks so healthy and not-frizzed out!

So I'm definitely sticking to this for a while -- my question is, does anyone know of a relatively cheap herbal conditioner that works for this? I like a very strong herbal smell and Suave/VO5 all seem to go for very floral scents. Think like, panacea or rosemary/lavender/clove like smell.
    I'm so jealous!! Those are some beautiful curls!!
    CO since 15-08-11

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Linika View Post
    I'm so jealous!! Those are some beautiful curls!!
    It helps that it's summer in Minnesota. My hair loves humidity. The rest of me not so much. In the winter I go frizzy and barely wavy Hoping to learn how to fix that, and wondering if maybe my silicone use wasn't part of it.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    19/34/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It helps that it's summer in Minnesota. My hair loves humidity. The rest of me not so much. In the winter I go frizzy and barely wavy Hoping to learn how to fix that, and wondering if maybe my silicone use wasn't part of it.
    My hair is somewhere beetween not quite straight and maybe-maybe-not-wavy so I'm jealous of all the beautiful curls and all the beautiflu straight hair :P

I hope you can battle the frizz, I'll cross my fingers for you
    CO since 15-08-11

Length
    12/14/20
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Wow! Nice curls. CO definitely works for you!! Suave has a lavender/lilac conditioner but I am going to say it smells more floral than herbal. Trader Joe's has some conditioners that have herbal smells but they are a bit heavy for my hair. I use it as regular conditioner. Same for Kirkland conditioner which has a strong rosemary fragrance. (Kirkland is only sold at Costcos, I don't know if you have that store in your area). Deva Curl has a strong herbal smell and works great but it is extremely pricey. I believe it is about $15 a bottle.

If you find a cheap conditioner to use, please let me know because I prefer herbal smells too!!!!!
    Last edited by marykatz; May 18th, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo