Page 943 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 443843893933941942943944945953993 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Has anyone found a good replacement for the Tresemme Naturals conditioner that was discontinued? I read somewhere that Perfectly Undone was comparable. Maybe I will give it a try.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    Has anyone found a good replacement for the Tresemme Naturals conditioner that was discontinued? I read somewhere that Perfectly Undone was comparable. Maybe I will give it a try.
    That and botanique is pretty good for cleansing, my ultimate fave for cleansing tho has to be trader joes tea tree tingle, that leaves my hair clean bouncy and smelling oh too good.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    That and botanique is pretty good for cleansing, my ultimate fave for cleansing tho has to be trader joes tea tree tingle, that leaves my hair clean bouncy and smelling oh too good.
    Hmmm....seems I remember having the Tea Tree Tingle stashed somewhere. I tried the Botanique which I think had the best smell but did not clean my hair as well.

I've actually been playing with WO but pretty sure I will be combining with CO and diluted shampoo. Too many things to try, lol.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hmmm....seems I remember having the Tea Tree Tingle stashed somewhere. I tried the Botanique which I think had the best smell but did not clean my hair as well.

I've actually been playing with WO but pretty sure I will be combining with CO and diluted shampoo. Too many things to try, lol.
    Undone i'd say that would be the one to replace naturals it comes closest for sure.
    Lol tell me about it

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm gonna check Wal-Mart, thank you!

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'm giving this a try. My very first journey into the natural hair movement was cowashing. But I did it without knowing about what silicones could do, and ended up with an itchy scalp and a lot of build-up. Assumed it was because of low porosity hair, and gave it up as a bad job, switched to a gentle clarifyer, and called it good. But lately I've gotten fed up with my dry-scalp flakies, and think I'm gonna give it a try again.

Gonna use teatree tingle tomorrow, and bought some MopTop on sale. I also didn't know about doing real scrubbing with cowashing the first time, so gonna give that a shot. May also keep an ACV rinse in the mix, just because my hair seems to like it and I need every bit of detangling help I can get. So...a cautious hello for now.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    fuzz/60/65
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I've found the Tresemme Naturals orange and lemongrass at Big Lots. There were a couple of other "flavors" as well, but I do like the citrus for my hair.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hi all, I'm new to CO-washing. I avoided it for a long time because I have an extremely oily scalp (I mean OILY, if I wash in the morning, it looks greasy that night). Reading the testimonies of other oilies having success tempted me to try it. I just had another failed attempt and I'm wondering if this method is just not for me.

First try: I grabbed a random coney conditioner and it worked pretty well.
    Second try: Tried a different coney conditioner, results weren't as good as the first time.
    Third try: I decided to use a cone-free conditioner (V05 Sunkissed Raspberry). I stepped out of the shower with heavy hair that did not feel clean/looked coated once it dried. I did not scrub with the conditioner, just let it sit and rinsed out. I also didn't use enough.
    Fourth try: I bought the V05 Kiwi conditioner since I read it is good. I used a giant handful and scrubbed and rinsed very, very well. Once dry, hair still felt dirty/heavy/weighed down but didn't look coated or greasy until the next day.

Most recent attempt: I made sure that my last wash was with a clarifying shampoo. Tried the same method as attempt 4. Stepped out of the shower and it is greaseball central now. Hair looks exactly what had scared me off from this method. My hair was wet before applying conditioner, in case that's important.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I should move on from this method?

I'd appreciate any insight.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Chiffon, I had similar results when using (the US version) V05 and other non-coney conditioners on my scalp compared to coney ones. At the moment, my scalp HG is 4 pumps of Joico K-Pak diluted in a fair bit of water, and yet if I do that with V05--ickness. Even gobs of some of the V05s don't work without some sort of residual or oily/dirty feeling, unlike the consistently fresh, light and clean feeling of the K-Pak that stays that way for days. I've also tried TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture x Perfectly (Un)done (to stretch what I had left of the now-discontinued NNM), but find it's better on my lengths, with the V05s sometimes used as the first C on my lengths if doing WCC (wash, cond, cond). As the K-Pak is a luxury buy, I've been hunting for cheaper alternatives, especially those that are cone-free, but the ones I've found to work are now no longer available. Pfft. And some other coney conditioners just don't give the same results as the K-Pak. All up, if I stick with a consistent washing method and my crown takes a long time to dry compared to the rest of my hair, and feels coated, it's going to pretty much stay that way and look greasy (= cond. fail for me). Sooooo, all I can say is if you find something that works (like your first try), well, that's probably your go-to, cones, or not; diluted, or not. Good luck, and welcome to posting on the forum!
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm checking in today of co-washing using Alberto VO5 conditioner, and the results were awesome!!! I love co-washing my hair!!!! I do it 5 times a week.