Page 630 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

So, I was using Suave TC for the longest time and was piddling along catching up with y'all and saw the post about the two preservatives that can cause hair to fall. Low and behold, this was my problem! Used a V05 conditioner today for the first time, no massive shed whilst fingercombing my hair. Magic I tells you.
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mallorykay13 View Post
    So, I was using Suave TC for the longest time and was piddling along catching up with y'all and saw the post about the two preservatives that can cause hair to fall. Low and behold, this was my problem! Used a V05 conditioner today for the first time, no massive shed whilst fingercombing my hair. Magic I tells you.
    Wow, that's amazing. I wonder what it is about those preservatives that causes hair to shed, and why those preservatives are in conditioner and not shampoo. I think this is a very interesting topic, since there are people who claim CO causes them to shed more, and there are people who say it causes them to shed less. Obviously there are many other variables at play here, but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of it! (Maybe we could start a thread for people to list out their ingredients of their condish and then state whether they shed more, less or the same) and then we could perform an analysis on the common ingredients

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

So, I just bought some Aloe vera gel (99.9% aloe vera, 0.01% water) from Amazon. I was thinking of applying it to my scalp after I wash my hair (while my hair is still wet). Does anyone else do this? Or do they apply it in a different way?

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by louzen View Post
    Wow, that's amazing. I wonder what it is about those preservatives that causes hair to shed, and why those preservatives are in conditioner and not shampoo. I think this is a very interesting topic, since there are people who claim CO causes them to shed more, and there are people who say it causes them to shed less. Obviously there are many other variables at play here, but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of it! (Maybe we could start a thread for people to list out their ingredients of their condish and then state whether they shed more, less or the same) and then we could perform an analysis on the common ingredients
    That would be both time consuming and awesome!
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Some reading on the subject preservatives (parabenes) etc.:
    http://www.creativeartistryfx.com/co...0cosmetics.pdf

Disclaimer: I dont know who the author is. She seems to be a seller/manufacturer

/ CMG

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kitschy View Post
    Like someone else said, "vastly different results on different hair types."

My hair is very curly - doesn't need any help in convincing it to wurl, it needs encouragement to clump or I get horrible frizz throughout the day. I think perhaps the "cleanness" of the Ice Shine is interfering in the clumpage.
    That makes sense! If I can ever find a protein free VO5 that I am not sensitive to the fragrance of it might work well too.
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Yes that definitively makes sense. Why would the hair clump together if there is no sebum left to make it sticky? Cleaning until squeqy clean isnt all that good, it seems.

/ CMG

Quote Originally Posted by louzen View Post
    So, I just bought some Aloe vera gel (99.9% aloe vera, 0.01% water) from Amazon. I was thinking of applying it to my scalp after I wash my hair (while my hair is still wet). Does anyone else do this? Or do they apply it in a different way?

I have that and I use it on wet hair and leave it to air dry and it helps with frizz.

I don't apply it to my scalp though.
    Do you have a problem with your scalp which aloe might help with?
    It is supposed to be good for the skin - but if you apply too much it might make your roots a little crunchy.

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suze2012 View Post
    I have that and I use it on wet hair and leave it to air dry and it helps with frizz.

I don't apply it to my scalp though.
    Do you have a problem with your scalp which aloe might help with?
    It is supposed to be good for the skin - but if you apply too much it might make your roots a little crunchy.
    Yes, I have a dry scalp so thought it might help. I applied a little too much though, and just as you said, my hair became very crunchy

Length
    Jaw/SL/BSL!
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I used White Rain for my first CO wash (trying VO5 as well) but I experienced way less shedding than when I was doing conventional shampoo and conditioning despite being gentle when doing so. I used to get a pretty decent amount of shedding in the shower.