Page 590 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by louzen View Post
    This conditioner looks lovely - might give it a try I find it so hard to find shampoos and conditioners with as few harsh chemicals/fragrances/preservatives in the ingredients (I'm using Green People unscented conditioner at the moment). When I do find them, they're always expensive
    It was around 11$, but the bottle is huge. I wish it smelled more strongly of lavender though!
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    17"/32"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    It was around 11$, but the bottle is huge. I wish it smelled more strongly of lavender though!
    Where can one find this brand anyway? I've actually never seen it before!
    { Conditioner Only }
    Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint—Mineral Oil & Olive Oil—BBB—Hair Sense five-tooth comb & BBB

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by caadam View Post
    Where can one find this brand anyway? I've actually never seen it before!
    I found it in the health section of a grocery store, and I've seen it in other co-ops and health food stores I think. Go to the fancy organic conditioner shelf, and look for the biggest bottles, hah.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    17"/32"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Well, I just got back from doing some grocery shopping and I got a bottle of Suave Naturals. I haven't used it in a while, but it's cone-free, so I'm going to see how it turns out.

I'll be going to Central Market later, which is a pretty fancy all-natural/organic grocery store, and they may very well have Everyday Shea. I'll keep my eye out for it.
    { Conditioner Only }
    Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint—Mineral Oil & Olive Oil—BBB—Hair Sense five-tooth comb & BBB

Length
    APL/APL/TB!!
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Hi Patrycja, I share your pain of expensive shampoo bars. I just wanted to share with everyone (who hasn't already discovered this) that etsy.com has many shops with excellent, inexpensive shampoo bars. I'm using Nature's Muse Rosemary Mint bar ($4.50) and I LOVE it.

Length
    12/31/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Hello ladies (and gentlemen) I'm having a bit of trouble, so I thought I'd ask the experts first, before I pill out my hair

So, I CO-washed my hair for the 3rd time today, with largely the same results as the two previous tiems... And here is my problem: when wet it all feels as it should (as it normally does when I shampoo and condition) then it dries and.... The most frustrating thing ever! My scalp and roots are fine and dandy, clean, soft and shiny... and my lengths are matted, stringy and sticky

First time it happened I figured I had to be doing something wrong because my roots were also kinda greasy , it happens when you try something new, no problem. So I tried again, went back to the instructions here on LHC, the scalp and hair on my crown area nice, clean and soft everything from ear level down stringy and greasy, so try again. Come the third attempt all of my scalp and roots (save for a small patch on the back of my head) is nice and clean and my ends are so sticky I can't french braid because the ends stick together and snag.
    So here is what I do and use:
    Cone free conditioner.
    Take a good amount slightly diluted (just a few drops o fwater to make it a bit runnier) in an old dye bottle (the ones with the narrow nozzle) and apply generously to the whole scalp until slick, then massage well put it up in a showercap for a few minutes and then rinse well (I rinsed until my hair felt squeaky)and then applied a bit of conditioner to the ends, rinsed well again.

I tried both coating the lenghts as well and not, but the result didn't change.
    I did use a different conditioner before the final rinse, a cone free as well, could that be a problem??

Do you have any idea as to what might be the problem?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NoRush View Post
    Hello ladies (and gentlemen) I'm having a bit of trouble, so I thought I'd ask the experts first, before I pill out my hair

So, I CO-washed my hair for the 3rd time today, with largely the same results as the two previous tiems... And here is my problem: when wet it all feels as it should (as it normally does when I shampoo and condition) then it dries and.... The most frustrating thing ever! My scalp and roots are fine and dandy, clean, soft and shiny... and my lengths are matted, stringy and sticky

First time it happened I figured I had to be doing something wrong because my roots were also kinda greasy , it happens when you try something new, no problem. So I tried again, went back to the instructions here on LHC, the scalp and hair on my crown area nice, clean and soft everything from ear level down stringy and greasy, so try again. Come the third attempt all of my scalp and roots (save for a small patch on the back of my head) is nice and clean and my ends are so sticky I can't french braid because the ends stick together and snag.
    So here is what I do and use:
    Cone free conditioner.
    Take a good amount slightly diluted (just a few drops o fwater to make it a bit runnier) in an old dye bottle (the ones with the narrow nozzle) and apply generously to the whole scalp until slick, then massage well put it up in a showercap for a few minutes and then rinse well (I rinsed until my hair felt squeaky)and then applied a bit of conditioner to the ends, rinsed well again.

I tried both coating the lenghts as well and not, but the result didn't change.
    I did use a different conditioner before the final rinse, a cone free as well, could that be a problem??

My hair gets like this if it gets too much protein (for me that means pretty much any protein at all!) - does your conditioner contain protein? and have you checked your hair's moisture : protein balance lately using the stretchy strand test?
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Are you always cone free? I find I need cones to even fingercomb my hair.

ETA: Finger combing the conditioner through your length is also a great idea.
    Last edited by Tisiloves; July 3rd, 2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: ETA
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    12/31/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    My hair gets like this if it gets too much protein (for me that means pretty much any protein at all!) - does your conditioner contain protein? and have you checked your hair's moisture : protein balance lately using the stretchy strand test?
    I have no idea, more than tangly my hair is sticky/waxy and I don't know what sort of ingredients to look for for protein?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    Are you always cone free? I find I need cones to even fingercomb my hair.
    Yep, I've been mostly cone free for about six now (sometimes I use a shampoo that has a few cones but not often and I don't notice a big difference when I stop using it) but I've never had a problem.

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I have no idea, more than tangly my hair is sticky/waxy and I don't know what sort of ingredients to look for for protein?
    Usually it'll straight out say like hydrolised silk protein, but also anything with keratin or -amine-.

I'd also check the conditioner for anything like lanolin or beeswax, it sounds like you have a heavy, sticky ingredient in there.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy