Page 535 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I'm now on week three since clarifying of co-washing..

I had a mishap last week and over oiled my length and ends..I wish that had happened today to be honest! lol!

I did week one on Tresemme Naturals, week two on a very cheap Tesco's own Coconut Conditioner and today tried the Tresemme again - I'd got the hang of how much oil to put in to avoid the frizz..all was good..

Except after it had air dried...I am a huge frizzy blob!
    My hair looks like is has been brushed and is dull, the shine it was getting is all gone..and it looks and feels awful!

I don't know whether to put some oil in it tonight or not..and for an overnight do you put it in with wet or dry hair?
    I have coconut oil and also grapeseed oil in and the shops here are all shut now.

I don't know if Tresemme has protein in it - wondering if that might be the problem?

Also, has anyone from the UK who uses Tesco Coconut co tried the Apple flavour and is it cone free and ok on your hair?
    The reason I ask is I like to have a switch around of conditioners (no idea why!lol!) but we're so restricted in the UK to find ones that are cheap and silicone free (or it seems that way to me just now).

Thanks in advance for any advice you lovely lot!

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Doing an over night oilings won't do any harm, but I'm not sure if it will solve your problem because I'm not sure why your hair feels that way. The only thing I can think of is possibly not rinsing enough at the end of your wash. Also since you use 2 different conditioners you may find each one needs a different amount of oil on your hair afterwards to get the same effects as they contain more or less of different things.

Most the the supermarkets and beauty type shops have a range of cheap/value conditioners, which are usually cone free. I like the sainsburys water mint conditioner for dry hair. It's cheap and cruelty free as sainsburys own brand stuff isn't tested on animals.

ETA: since the weather here is mental atm (its gone from pissing down and cold to heat wave in the snap of a finger) it may just be your hair freaking out at the sudden changes and nothing to do with your routine at all!
    Last edited by fridgee; May 27th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Suze- It's ok! I don't understand xD But I'm getting there!
    wendylai- I've only CO a couple of times now, but I haven't shed any. I'm still using the Conditioner I used all along, so maybe if you switched products that could be the problem?

I can't wait to run out of this stuff so I can get some cheap, awesome smelling vo5 or some such. I have the Dove bottle to run through still too I'm such a product junkie
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

my first day with Vo5 and I smell like one of those old school lollipops you used to have on valentines day-the red and white ones made by lifesavers I think? They were DELICIOUS and now I'm just hungry.

My hair feels decent. I'm hoping this particular conditioner is a good fit because it was CHEAP.

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

I havent read much of this thread-sorry about that but I have always wanted to try CO. Well I did once after I oiled my hair and I didnt like it. My hair was limp and a little oily. I did read somewhere that people seemed to leave the conditioner on their head for a while so that made me think about trying it again. Unfortunately when I tried it my one and only time so far I was stuck going to work like that and forgot to take my ponytail holder so I looked like someone with bad hygine! That ruined me for a while. So yesterday I cut the grass in 90 degree weather for two hours. I was beyond sweaty. I really didnt want to poo my hair because today I plan on clarifying and doing a protein treatment and I didnt want to shampoo my hair two days in a row. I shampoo every other day. So I figured that after cutting the grass and not having to go anywhere would be the perfect time to try it again. I just used my current conditioner-Jason Biotin and put some lavender drops in it. I put it on and wrapped a towel around my head and soaked in the bathtub for a while. I put in its a 10 and some argon oil for a lean in and let air dry. It was way better than the first time and my waves were awesome! I loved loved loved the way it made my waves look. But it still had this limp look and dirty look-or oily or greasy look to it. How can it make my hair look really great and not so great all at the same time? Anyone have any answers or suggestions?

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I'm not sure, but welcome! I'm new to this and trying to figure stuff out. My hair was definitely greasy and heavy this morning after COing yesterday. Don't know if it was the new conditioner (vo5) or user error or the fact that I didn't let it dry completely before putting it up. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Length
    18/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spookyghost View Post
    I havent read much of this thread-sorry about that but I have always wanted to try CO. Well I did once after I oiled my hair and I didnt like it. My hair was limp and a little oily. I did read somewhere that people seemed to leave the conditioner on their head for a while so that made me think about trying it again. Unfortunately when I tried it my one and only time so far I was stuck going to work like that and forgot to take my ponytail holder so I looked like someone with bad hygine! That ruined me for a while. So yesterday I cut the grass in 90 degree weather for two hours. I was beyond sweaty. I really didnt want to poo my hair because today I plan on clarifying and doing a protein treatment and I didnt want to shampoo my hair two days in a row. I shampoo every other day. So I figured that after cutting the grass and not having to go anywhere would be the perfect time to try it again. I just used my current conditioner-Jason Biotin and put some lavender drops in it. I put it on and wrapped a towel around my head and soaked in the bathtub for a while. I put in its a 10 and some argon oil for a lean in and let air dry. It was way better than the first time and my waves were awesome! I loved loved loved the way it made my waves look. But it still had this limp look and dirty look-or oily or greasy look to it. How can it make my hair look really great and not so great all at the same time? Anyone have any answers or suggestions?
    Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I'll try. When you say it looks like it has great waves but still oily and greasy, do you mean around the scalp you look oily and greasy but the length has nice waves? If so, I have some suggestions as that has happened to me lots of times too.

One--your conditioner may not be the best choice for your hair. It might be worth checking out some cheap conditioner alternatives. I've had good luck with Suave, but you don't know what works best until you try.

Two--you may not be rinsing it thoroughly enough on your scalp. Really rub it in well with the pads of your fingers and take plenty of time to wash it out. I usually sing a song to make sure I do it long enough. If you leave any in, do not do it above your ears and that can make sure the scalp region stays nice-looking.

Three--Fully CO may not be for you. CWC may be a great alternative. Once in a while my hair gets limp and greasy-looking even when I've done everything right and that's when I do a CWC and it feels much better. That also helps if my scalp flares up with itching. Usually my scalp feels good with CO, but it seems I just occasionally need a CWC.
    Renegray all the way!
    "So brave is the moon, confronting so great a darkness with so small a face" --Elizabeth Goudge

Length
    na/na/na
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by firegypsy View Post
    I'm not sure, but welcome! I'm new to this and trying to figure stuff out. My hair was definitely greasy and heavy this morning after COing yesterday. Don't know if it was the new conditioner (vo5) or user error or the fact that I didn't let it dry completely before putting it up. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Haha-the things that make you go hmmmmmmm! Too funny! I have been saying that alot since I joined LHC. Still trying to find my way and something my hair likes. Something simple-nothing complicated. And the journey continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshineliz View Post
    Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I'll try. When you say it looks like it has great waves but still oily and greasy, do you mean around the scalp you look oily and greasy but the length has nice waves? If so, I have some suggestions as that has happened to me lots of times too.

One--your conditioner may not be the best choice for your hair. It might be worth checking out some cheap conditioner alternatives. I've had good luck with Suave, but you don't know what works best until you try.

Two--you may not be rinsing it thoroughly enough on your scalp. Really rub it in well with the pads of your fingers and take plenty of time to wash it out. I usually sing a song to make sure I do it long enough. If you leave any in, do not do it above your ears and that can make sure the scalp region stays nice-looking.

Three--Fully CO may not be for you. CWC may be a great alternative. Once in a while my hair gets limp and greasy-looking even when I've done everything right and that's when I do a CWC and it feels much better. That also helps if my scalp flares up with itching. Usually my scalp feels good with CO, but it seems I just occasionally need a CWC.
    I actually have been giving CWC a thought. It just might be what my hair is looking for. It can be my Conditioner, I have heard the cheap ones work really well but it was a last minute decision on my part to try it and the Jason was all I had. How my hair looked was really hard to explain. Yes it was limp and blah looking at the roots. Kinda oily but not too oily. The waves were awesome and the actual length looked soft but dull and blah. I really wish I could explain it better. I think I will try the CWC next. I want to do a ion reconstructive repair on my hair today followed by a nice moisturizing conditioner and then I will try the CWC. I really want to clarify before starting something new. My only problem is today is Memorial Day and Sally's isnt open and the girl at the Wal-mart salon couldnt tell me if she had any clarifying sulfate free shampoos! She asked me if it would say sulfate free on the bottle. Really? I have a thread out asking for some suggestions on sulfate free clarifying shampoos and so far most of the suggestions are baking soda. I have heard of people who like it and some who really dont. I'm new at all of this hair stuff so I dont want to try that yet. I just figured a store bought one would be good for me right now and I can try the baking soda later. When I know more of what Im doing. Oh well-huh?

Length
    ?/13in./30

I use diluted Dr. Bronners to shampoo when I need to clarify. It is almond scented and is nice on my scalp. It smells so good I have t use self control to not use too much.

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

huh, I have that in droves. is it safe for hair? ie: not terribly damaging? I know all clarifying shampoo will be to some extent, but is this more so?