Page 534 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    ?/13in./30

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I am using V05 Freesia scented conditioner at the moment and it smells very pretty. Gets my hair squeaky clean too. Heaven forbid they quit making V05!

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSunshine View Post
    I am using V05 Freesia scented conditioner at the moment and it smells very pretty. Gets my hair squeaky clean too. Heaven forbid they quit making V05!

OMG!!! Freesia scented???
    I am so jealous!!!!!

I'm going to have to see if I can source some of that on the net.

Freesia is my number one top top top favourite smell in the WORLD!!!

'ahem'...sorry..I am very over excited and jealous!!

Right...on to what I came here to post..
    I'm quite amazed in that I don't need to comb my hair with a comb anymore since I started co-washing.
    Also, it was seriously windy here yesterday and I always wear my hair down so it got thrown about everywhere. When I used to use champoo and coney conditioners I couldn't get my fingers through my hair when it was dry and had been buffeted about by the wind....BUT I have just sat here finger combing my dry hair and have barely any tangles! AMAZING!!

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I'm with you. I can't believe how wonderfully FLAT my hair is laying. I suppose it's the difference between open cuticles and closed if I had to guess. Either way, I'm over the moon thrilled. I hope it continues to bring positive results!

Firegypsy That's great news! Really pleased for you!

Mine isn't perfect always (plus I have the odd mishap - over oiling being one of them! lol! ...but...it's so so so much better than it was even on a bad day before trying this!

I would love to rave to people about it..but I did mention it to a few..who think I am losing the plot..and the look of horror on their faces when I told them means I think I'll be keeping this to myself! lol!

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

yeah, when I went no poo (baking soda and ACV) years ago the looks of horror and disgust upon learning what I was doing were not....well concealed.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suze2012 View Post
    Firegypsy That's great news! Really pleased for you!

Mine isn't perfect always (plus I have the odd mishap - over oiling being one of them! lol! ...but...it's so so so much better than it was even on a bad day before trying this!

I would love to rave to people about it..but I did mention it to a few..who think I am losing the plot..and the look of horror on their faces when I told them means I think I'll be keeping this to myself! lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by firegypsy View Post
    yeah, when I went no poo (baking soda and ACV) years ago the looks of horror and disgust upon learning what I was doing were not....well concealed.
    You ladies are so funny! I've become exactly the reverse lately, telling anyone who will listen that I've stopped using shampoo and trying to coax them into trying it too.

Alas, thus far I have not succeeded, but hope springs eternal (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    24.4/29,5/31
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hi all...

I would just like to ask if anyone has experienced shedding whilst co-washing? I tried co for a few weeks, but every time I co was I SHED. This doesnt happen as much with cwc and sls shampoo and ever less w/ cwc & non sls poo.

Obviously, although I enjoyed the thickness co wash gave my hair, I've given up on it as shedding is something I desperately want to avoid.. Just a thought.. I've read from time to time here that co causes other ladies to shed too. Has anyone pinpointed the reason for this yet?

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hi wendylai, I also have the shedding issue occassionaly - I've noticed that for me it happens mainly when I use a 'cone heavy poo, like Pantene. It makes my hair feel amazing and all shiney, but I shed enthusiastically every time!

I shed hair less now than I did with shampoo but always shed each and every time I wash.
    It's not excessive so I'm not too worried.
    The conditioner I shed the least always with is the one (of two I have been trying) which my hair hates the most in terms of making it dry and frizzy - I don't know why and haven't yet read any reason why shedding happens more from one thing or less from trying another thing to be honest.

I think it's just down to finding out what your hair likes. I'm writing down how my hair reacts to things since I have started this so that I don't get overwhelmed but also so I know what works and what doesn't.

If you think it's excessive shed..give it a while, gauge it but stop if you are worried.
    Save the hair if it helps so you can see and compare the loss each day..sounds grim but if it helps you to gauge it it's worth it!

I'm now on week three since clarifying of co-washing..

I had a mishap last week and over oiled my length and ends..I wish that had happened today to be honest! lol!

I did week one on Tresemme Naturals, week two on a very cheap Tesco's own Coconut Conditioner and today tried the Tresemme again - I'd got the hang of how much oil to put in to avoid the frizz..all was good..

Except after it had air dried...I am a huge frizzy blob!
    My hair looks like is has been brushed and is dull, the shine it was getting is all gone..and it looks and feels awful!

I don't know whether to put some oil in it tonight or not..and for an overnight do you put it in with wet or dry hair?
    I have coconut oil and also grapeseed oil in and the shops here are all shut now.

I don't know if Tresemme has protein in it - wondering if that might be the problem?

Also, has anyone from the UK who uses Tesco Coconut co tried the Apple flavour and is it cone free and ok on your hair?
    The reason I ask is I like to have a switch around of conditioners (no idea why!lol!) but we're so restricted in the UK to find ones that are cheap and silicone free (or it seems that way to me just now).

Thanks in advance for any advice you lovely lot!