Page 532 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Fridgee seeing as you have dark hair you might have luck with applying cocoa powder as a natural dry shampoo, I'm sure there are a few threads on here about it
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I have read about using cocoa powder but am a little apprehensive about smelling like chocolate all day, I'm not sure how long I could stand it. But I really should give it a go tho, at least then I'll know whether I like it or not and it might help solve my problem! Thanks afu

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks so much everyone! The nearest body shop is an hour away >.< so it might have to wait till I have an excuse to go out that way. (my husbands family lives out there and we go see them sometimes) I guess I'll just stick to my fingers in the meantime

Also, my fringe doesn't really get any greasier than the rest of my hair, but I think I I'd try a mini co on it since I'm still getting switched over. My face wash has those scrubbing micro beads, so I think that wouldn't be a good idea.
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/34/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    Thanks so much everyone! The nearest body shop is an hour away >.< so it might have to wait till I have an excuse to go out that way. (my husbands family lives out there and we go see them sometimes) I guess I'll just stick to my fingers in the meantime

Also, my fringe doesn't really get any greasier than the rest of my hair, but I think I I'd try a mini co on it since I'm still getting switched over. My face wash has those scrubbing micro beads, so I think that wouldn't be a good idea.
    You have the perfect excuse to go visit the inlaw now! xD

For me, washing in between washes is kinda necessary. Seeing that it's not unusual with a 14 day gap between washes for me... ^^;
    CO since 15-08-11

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
    Slightly OT: This reminds me of a joke I hear a lot in my area, since we're so far away from everything: "You know you're from Montana/Wyoming when...you measure distance in hours instead of minutes." For me the nearest ANYthing other than a local gas station is 45 minutes away, and the neart Walmart is an hour and a half. For us it's normal to drive 3+ hours on a weekend to get our shopping done. But I've also lived where everything I needed was only 10 minutes away. It's just curious to me how quickly my perspective has changed with my circumstances. end hijack

Firegypsy That's fantastic to hear!
    I haven't put any oil on overnight yet but I might give it a try.
    I've seen a few posts saying it can build up but I do tend to work the co through the length a bit if I have put any oil on in the mornings.

Fridgee I have a fringe too and I always used to shampoo on day two. I'm co ing every day at the moment but at the point where I start stretching it out again I will probably go for a sulphate free shampoo I think just because it takes less actually scrubbing.
    I used to do it over the sink on a day two and just used a shower cap to keep the rest of my hair dry.

CrystalStar I am absolutely with you on Tesco conditioner!! It rocks! (3 for 2 at teh moment so 58p for 750ml!).
    I just wish there was another scent apart from coconut which I liked..I don't like apple much...but I might give it a go..

Dovetail Do Body Shop have an online store over there? They do in the UK. Might be worth a try for your comb!
    I have combs and still use them for my fringe (yes they have seams) so I'll pop to Body Shop soon..but aside from my fringe I haven't actually had any need for a comb since I started co-washing.
    I just finger comb now..my hair used to get very tangly but it doesn't much anymore.

I have a question?? I just started co washing a week ago and I love it, but I am going to travel this coming weekend and where I am going the water is really hard, so what do I do?? Do I continue to co wash with hard water or shampoo is better in this case??
    What do people do when they live in areas with hard water??? Thanks

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shatam1 View Post
    I have a question?? I just started co washing a week ago and I love it, but I am going to travel this coming weekend and where I am going the water is really hard, so what do I do?? Do I continue to co wash with hard water or shampoo is better in this case??
    What do people do when they live in areas with hard water??? Thanks
    I have super-hard water. I don't have any trouble, but some people's hair freaks out at a change like that. Try your regular CO wash, being careful to get everything scrubbed and rinsed thoroughly. Your hair may be ok with just that.

If it feels weird after you wash it, try an ACV rinse. I don't use these, but a lot of people with hard water do. You could bring along a shampoo as backup, if you think you might need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Faery View Post
    I have super-hard water. I don't have any trouble, but some people's hair freaks out at a change like that. Try your regular CO wash, being careful to get everything scrubbed and rinsed thoroughly. Your hair may be ok with just that.

If it feels weird after you wash it, try an ACV rinse. I don't use these, but a lot of people with hard water do. You could bring along a shampoo as backup, if you think you might need it.
    Thanks Dragon faery

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Oh I'm excited! Today is my first real non-poo c/o wash.

I've got a bit of it rubbed into my dry length earlobes down, and after the end of this tv show I'm going to hop in and condition the rest of it. My ends felt really dry and tangled after the first time (where I used shampoo to clarify) so I'm kinda hoping this will help. I don't want to use olive oil just yet since I want to see how the conditioner itself does.

*crosses fingers* I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights