Page 485 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

So i did my first CO was last night, just a quick simple one though - applied heap of intensive conditioner, left 3-5mins-ish, massaged and rubbed, left another min and then rinsed. I don't want to curse myself for speaking too soon - but i am actually amazed and so happy with the result. My hair hasn't felt this healthy since before i started getting bleach highlights 2 years ago I'm actually getting quite exited about my hairdressers appointment next week to see if she notices the difference (she always comment on the dryness!).

My plan will probably change and evolve as i go on and see how my hair reacts over time, but my current plan is to CO a few times in the week and do a shampoo wash once a week to start with. I know a few people on here use this type of routine, i was just wondering what peoples experiences were with doing an oil/poo wash on that one shampoo use, does it work well or do you find you need the neet shampoo to do a proper clean when used with CO?

Length
    chin/hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Thank you, Lippytoes!!! The X-tra Conditioner is cone-free too?! Yay!!

Thank you so much, Miss Lucy! I'll check this one out too

Wow, I didn't realize that we had so many cone-free conditioning options here in Finland...now I have a really goooood reason to buy more conditioner-I have to try them all!!

Kiitos kaikille!
    Yep, the x-tra condish is cone-free! And it's worked fine for me, as long as I dilute it.

There definitely seem to be pretty good cone-free options here - have fun experimenting!

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    So i did my first CO was last night, just a quick simple one though - applied heap of intensive conditioner, left 3-5mins-ish, massaged and rubbed, left another min and then rinsed. I don't want to curse myself for speaking too soon - but i am actually amazed and so happy with the result. My hair hasn't felt this healthy since before i started getting bleach highlights 2 years ago I'm actually getting quite exited about my hairdressers appointment next week to see if she notices the difference (she always comment on the dryness!).

My plan will probably change and evolve as i go on and see how my hair reacts over time, but my current plan is to CO a few times in the week and do a shampoo wash once a week to start with. I know a few people on here use this type of routine, i was just wondering what peoples experiences were with doing an oil/poo wash on that one shampoo use, does it work well or do you find you need the neet shampoo to do a proper clean when used with CO?
    I've done CO with intermittent oil shampoos and it works fine, but I don't ever really feel I need to shampoo when I'm COing, I just do it for a change occasionally. If your shampooing because of CO build up I don't know how suitable oil shampoo will be try it and see! And then report back of course!

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post

Oil shampoo is usually recommended to use on clarified hair, so that the lauric acid can penetrate the hair shaft. But I'm not sure if you meant and oil soak/then shampoo.

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm back on the co, because it makes my hair so soft , but i will alternate it with cwc.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fridgee View Post
    I've done CO with intermittent oil shampoos and it works fine, but I don't ever really feel I need to shampoo when I'm COing, I just do it for a change occasionally. If your shampooing because of CO build up I don't know how suitable oil shampoo will be try it and see! And then report back of course!
    I think i need to do a clarify as i didn't have anything suitable when i first started CO so was thinking of doing an oil wash afterwards to get some goodies back in there. I'll definitly keep you updated when i try it. I've CO'd 3 times now and not noticed much build up so maybe i won't be needing to shampoo very often anyway.

It's early days i know, but from the results so far, using the CO method has been the best thing ive done for my hair (well, also stopping heat use but the combination is getting results). My hair feels the healthiest it has been since i started bleach highlighting, i was getting seriously worried about it's condition but after this week i'm feeling much happier.

Also, for those living in the UK - Morrisons own brand shampoo for thin fair is cone free, works really well and costs only £1

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

ive read about people using tangle teezers to do scalp massages, has anyone used this TT scalp massage in conjunction with CO to help distribute and lather?

I am going to read this whole thread as I think I need to try this co-washing , my hair is very dry and I don't think shampoo helps.

Length
    Bald!/36"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Thank you so much for your replies to my earlier threads. Your advice is greatly appreciated! I think I will have to try CO washing everyday for a while while I transition. I will see how this works!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

id definitly recommend to you two to give it a try, not been using it long but has been a miracle for my hair