Page 458 of 886 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    Suze2012 if i were you i wouldnt bother looking for new thicker conditioners for leave in. I use the Tesco coconut (750ml for 88p, has lasted me 6 weeks so far using every 2 days) both for my washes and for my leave in and it works fine. I don't use tresemme any more because it dries out my hair
    You read my mind!
    I was just about to ask you what you use!

I started on the Tresemme last weekend and last week I was testing a few things out before clarifying (which I did last Saturday) I wash co-ing every couple of days last week and by day one and a half got too greasy for my liking.
    I know it's transitional but I decided to co every day this week and have found Tresemme drying. I've cut down on the amount which helps but I think I will do so more as I plan to switch between (that's the plan anyway).

I've stuck with it all this week though and from tomorrow will use the Tesco Coconut for a week to give that a proper try.
    Tresemme seems to really cut down frizz but now after clarifying I'm going to see how the Tesco one goes as it wasn't quite doing that the few days I used it before clarifying.

Thanks for jumping in with that though I read loads of reviews on Tresemme being brilliant yet I seem to have the same problem with it as yourself.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

From what ive read on here tresemme either seems to work perfectly for you or be really drying, i also recently read a thread on here where somebody had been advised against tresemme by their dermatologist because it can cause scalp issues. For me, the cheap supermarket, thin conditioners work so much better than branded ones. Maybe its because they are simpler in make up. I don't live near a Tesco (i got the last bottle of coconut when we were visiting the SOs family for easter), this bottle should last another week but then i'm going to see what morrisons has to offer! I added a splodge of aloe vera gel to my bottle and gave it a good shake, might be worth trying to combat frizz
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    Jaw/BSL/WL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Okay, thank you all for your help. I feel so clueless sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie_holms View Post
    Okay, thank you all for your help. I feel so clueless sometime

Hahaha! Sorry! You're reminding me of myself over the last two weeks (and it's continuing now too! It's all overwhelming! You are in teh right place and not alone!

The best recommendation I can give...ignore all I have said and start at page one of this thread..I've spent two weeks reading about 300 pages and learned tonnes!
    I can get a bit obsessed about reading up on things though.

The more time you give yourself to learn the better you will cope with what you want to achieve.

It all takes a while to sink in..so go easy on yourself and the volume of information your brain can cope with! Hehe!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Suze2012: looking at that the main constituent seems to be aloe vera gel, my advice would be to go for the much cheaper option of doing an SMT instead. SMT is a favourite amoungst LHCers and incase you havn't come across it before it basically involves mixing conditioner, aloe vera gel and honey, warming it up and using it as a moisture treatment. I use holland and barrett aloe vera gel and have the manuka doctor honey from there also (although i use the honey for my face not my hair). Is the penny sale still on in H&B? if it is both products i mentioned are in that offer so it works out about £6 for both and they will last you much longer as well as you being able to use them for skin care as well if you wish.

I basically do a mini SMT of adding aloe vera gel to my conditioner bottle for every wash, but when i get my bleach done i do the proper treatment.

Length
    17/21.5/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

This is my first post on this community, I just wanted to say this is the thread that first got me hooked on LHC. My hair wasn't growing and was breaking terribly, someone suggested co-washing. I googled it and found this thread! I read all 500+ pages.

I've been co-washing for 3 weeks now, using VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint, and have only felt the need to clarify once in that time frame. I've made a lot of changes by reading this community, but co-washing is one of the best!

Interestingly, I didn't have a oily scalp break in period at all!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe au Lait View Post

Interestingly, I didn't have a oily scalp break in period at all!
    I didn't either, how lucky are we

Length
    17/21.5/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    I didn't either, how lucky are we
    Very lucky! I wonder why some people have the initial oily period and some don't? I just got instant soft hair and better curl definition.

Length
    10 in/30 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I'm starting! Tomorrow is my first CO. I'm using what I have in the house, and hopefully that will be okay. It's just John Frieda Conditioner for colored hair. Expensive, but it's what I have. I'll be buying some cheaper stuff soon.

I'm stretching. The longest I've ever been able to go between washes was 6 days, and that's when I was poo free. It killed my hair dead. I'd love to get to even 2 days now, but I can't stand the feeling of a greasy scalp. Hopefully this works brilliantly and it won't be a concern!

I've read this thread, but I still think I might have questions, so thank you in advance for your help!

Length
    19/34/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spookyghost View Post
    Thanks so much for the advice. I hope my hair likes CO. And Im glad having fine hair has nothing to do with it not working. If it doesnt work I'll will just have to find something that does. Right now I would love to find a hair routine that works for me. Experimenting to find this is not my fave thing. Once I find it and decide to experiment a little will be fun. But trying to find that special something my hair loves-not so much!
    I do hope it will work well. You might have to try a few different conditioners if the one you start out with doesn't work. In the US there are apparently a load of very cheap light conditioners that are great for clensing.
    My hair is fineish too, and what I've noticed is that it is always in dire need of moisture as not to break as easily. Those tiny tiny hair breaks so easily T^T I've come to this realisation recently and will update here in the thread on my success (or failure) with my deep conditioner

I was very lucky with the hair routine experimentation. The first thing I foun was CO and it works so great I feel no need to change it (much)
    Now, there are things I want to try, but nothig I have to try. Good luck with your search for the perfect routine!

Quote Originally Posted by firegypsy View Post
    I'm starting! Tomorrow is my first CO. I'm using what I have in the house, and hopefully that will be okay. It's just John Frieda Conditioner for colored hair. Expensive, but it's what I have. I'll be buying some cheaper stuff soon.

I'm stretching. The longest I've ever been able to go between washes was 6 days, and that's when I was poo free. It killed my hair dead. I'd love to get to even 2 days now, but I can't stand the feeling of a greasy scalp. Hopefully this works brilliantly and it won't be a concern!

I've read this thread, but I still think I might have questions, so thank you in advance for your help!
    Welcom abord! If you want to go cone free and there is cones in the conditioner you should probably clarify before starting with a conefree conditioner. If not, keep an eye on your hair so you know when you need to clarify. Many people successfully co with cones but they usually have to clarify once in a while to get rid of buildup.

I streatch for a crazy 14 days quite often. But I don't mind the greasy scalp, I actually find it to be my best styling tool!
    I hope CO will help you stretch your washes some. Don't be to surprised if your hair gets greasy in the beginning though. Some people experience a transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by aaliasmith View Post
    Lots of people suffer from damaged hair breaking, split-ends, and hard to manage hair . Use of best conditioner for damaged and breaking hairs proteins adding give strength while improving moisture and shine in hairs . For more you can visit this link
    http://www.senzimi-skincare.com/sens...y-shampoo.html
    Proteins do not agree with everyones hair and in this thread a link to the conditioner would be much more appropriate. In any case, neither the shampoo or the conditioner would come close to my hair. I'm a no-one kind of person these days and my hair agrees with that
    CO since 15-08-11