Page 457 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    APL/BSL/HL/TB
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I did CO this morning for the first time, (last night was an overnight oiling night.) I had to condition twice but it took all of the oil out & my hair feels wonderful!(:

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by novemberfoxtrot View Post
    GRU, Thank you SO much! this list is awesome!
    You're very welcome!

Just from what I've seen around here, it typically takes 2-4 different products before people find their "perfect" CO-washing conditioner. Some people luck out on the first try, but some people really have to try different things. Our scalps are as individual as our personalities, it would seem, so there is no one "perfect product" that works for every head of hair.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    You're very welcome!

Just from what I've seen around here, it typically takes 2-4 different products before people find their "perfect" CO-washing conditioner. Some people luck out on the first try, but some people really have to try different things. Our scalps are as individual as our personalities, it would seem, so there is no one "perfect product" that works for every head of hair.

Agreed. Everyone's hair is different, so what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. I wich I could say I tried 2-4 different ones before landing on my favorite.... more like 30+.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by novemberfoxtrot View Post
    I did my first CO on Sat. night. Plopped and had really disappointing results. The top of my head was really flat and greasy. My curls were undefined.

So I just spent the last hour going through the search results for transition period and I'm going to keep trying for a few more weeks. *Activate optimism*

But another thing I noticed was that no one mentioned Yes to Carrots (or in my case Cucumbers). Is there a reason? Here's my ingredients list...I didn't notice anything yucky.

WATER (AQUA), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETYL ESTERS, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT*, CENTAUREA CYANUS FLOWER EXTRACT*, DEAD SEA WATER (MARIS AQUA), MARIS LIMUS (DEAD SEA SILT) EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE (ALOE VERA)*, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, SPIRULINA MAXIMA EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF (GREEN TEA) EXTRACT, ALGAE EXTRACT, GINGKO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE

well, except the alcohol but that certainly didn't dry my roots out....
    I would recommend looking for a conditioner that doesn't contain all those oils, perhaps. In my experience, conditioners with fewer ingredients seem to work best for CO.

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    You're very welcome!

Very true! It took me 6 attempts (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I've been CO washing for almost a month now, and I remember after the first time I did it I had one of those, "where have you been all my life ??" moments. My washing method is almost actually CCC because I start out washing my hair with a deep moisture treatment in my hair, that I had let my hair soak in the night before, wash it all out with a clarifying condish, then condition my hair normally. I haven't had any issues with build up when I'm using this method. I clarify every 8-10 days. I use my the VO5 vanilla mint tea clarifying conditioner, and I love it.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I have a question about using conditioners as a leave in. I know you can just buy a leave in conditioner already as a leave in, but I really want to know, is it safe to use a conditioner that you normally wash out, as a leave in? I've always wanted to try it, but been worried about it not being safe or bad for the hair to leave in anything that is not meant to be left in.
    Keep giving in to the bleach | Love the straightener

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SapphiraSilver View Post
    I have a question about using conditioners as a leave in. I know you can just buy a leave in conditioner already as a leave in, but I really want to know, is it safe to use a conditioner that you normally wash out, as a leave in? I've always wanted to try it, but been worried about it not being safe or bad for the hair to leave in anything that is not meant to be left in.
    If you notice the ingredients list, most leave-ins have the same ingredients than regular conditioners, the only difference is that leave-ins have a lot more water. The fact that they are usually more expensive than regular conditioners makes no sense to me, either.
    I always use my regulars as leave-ins and never had a problem the reason they're not supposed to be left in is that they are very thick and creamy, so the trick for me is to use very little (a couple drops) and run it through my hair while it's still wet.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I've been doing it for over two years, and it's the basis of the "Curly Girl" technique as well.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Thanks for the replies on the leave in conditioners, do you see better benefits using regular conditioner as a leave in, rather then a leave in that's meant to be left in? Or are the results similar? thanks so much, I look forward to trying it now.
    Keep giving in to the bleach | Love the straightener

Type
    1b/M/ii

Thanks for the replies on the leave in conditioners, do you see better benefits using regular conditioner as a leave in, rather then a leave in that's meant to be left in? Or are the results similar? thanks so much, I look forward to trying it now.
    I find the results to be the same, it's all a matter of knowing how much your hair needs.