Page 430 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530930 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

For the most part I am incredibly happy with my Indian herbs for washing my hair but for today I randomly decided to try CO, just for fun and...... turned out great! The Indian herbs may have some competition! I had the best hair day I have had in a very long time I just may keep this up, we will see.

Oh and what are your favorite conditioners to use??? I tried it with Suave Coconut but do others work better? It worked fine but I would love to hear what everyone else uses!
    Last edited by JellyBene; September 17th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Length
    19/19/31
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    While I don't have any experience with herb-washing, my guess would be the lack of shine is because the herbs are either stripping too much moisture, or they are raising the cuticle of your hair (ruffled cuticles don't reflect light).

Do you feel that CO-washing doesn't clean your hair? You certainly could do both, if that gives you the shine you're looking for, but it seems like a waste of time and money to wash with herbs and then follow up with conditioner, if the conditioner alone can clean your hair and scalp.
    Hi GRU, with just CO my hair goes limp and flat and herb washing gives me volume. Even after herb washing I apply conditioned as one usually does after normal shampoo but in less quantity.

Thats why wanted to know whether it will be beneficial if I apply conditioner as one does in CO after herb wash?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by raishalini11 View Post
    Hi GRU, with just CO my hair goes limp and flat and herb washing gives me volume. Even after herb washing I apply conditioned as one usually does after normal shampoo but in less quantity.

Thats why wanted to know whether it will be beneficial if I apply conditioner as one does in CO after herb wash?
    Okay, I'm confused... Do you mean wash with herbs, rinse that out, then apply conditioner and wait a few minutes and rinse that out? Or do you mean wash with herbs, rinse that out, then apply conditioner and leave that in your hair?

But regardless of which method you're talking about, whether it will be beneficial or not is only something your hair can tell you. Do it one way for a week and another way for another week and compare the two. If your hair likes something, go ahead and do it!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    19/19/31
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Okay, I'm confused... Do you mean wash with herbs, rinse that out, then apply conditioner and wait a few minutes and rinse that out? Or do you mean wash with herbs, rinse that out, then apply conditioner and leave that in your hair?

But regardless of which method you're talking about, whether it will be beneficial or not is only something your hair can tell you. Do it one way for a week and another way for another week and compare the two. If your hair likes something, go ahead and do it!
    Thanks GRU

i meant washing with herbs first then apply conditioner and wait for couple of minutes before rinsing out. Yes I will give it a shot to see whether my scalp likes it or not and thats the biggest issue ..i can live with less shine but dont want horrible breakouts and itching

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks GRU

i meant washing with herbs first then apply conditioner and wait for couple of minutes before rinsing out. Yes I will give it a shot to see whether my scalp likes it or not and thats the biggest issue ..i can live with less shine but dont want horrible breakouts and itching
    If your scalp doesn't like conditioner, you can also just apply it to your length, without working it all the way to your roots... lots of LHCers do it this way.

Length
    19/19/31
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

If your scalp doesn't like conditioner, you can also just apply it to your length, without working it all the way to your roots... lots of LHCers do it this way.
    Thanks GRU, I'll do that

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks GRU, I'll do that
    You're very welcome! I hope you find a regimen that your hair likes!

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I just did my first CO and now I am waiting for it to dry . My hair felt lovely when I got out of the shower, and there was no tangles, but at halfway dry it seems like it is sticking out more than usual O.O (and I did get all the product out) is that normal? (my introductory post in the new section has all the details of my hair)

Length
    15/32/33
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I am celebrating 4 months with no shampoo and only conditioner washing - still loving it

Natural Blonde...Had a few years off LHC enjoying my long hair (a little too much) Back to improve on hair quality ....and maybe a little more length
    WAIST/HIP - - -1c/2a - ii - F - - -

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia View Post
    I just did my first CO and now I am waiting for it to dry . My hair felt lovely when I got out of the shower, and there was no tangles, but at halfway dry it seems like it is sticking out more than usual O.O (and I did get all the product out) is that normal? (my introductory post in the new section has all the details of my hair)
    CO brings out my waves better than any other washing method I've used, so maybe? If that bothers you, I'd recommend wrapping your hair. I've used this method and it makes my 2a hair straight.