Page 23 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    16"/24"/28"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I just saw an infomercial for Wen hair prodeucts. Essential they work on the same concept as CO washing because the main product they sell is a cleansing conditioner cream, and they claim its the only product that you used in the shower, that it does the job of both shampoo and conditioner. Well obvisouly it sounds like a good idea, but it seems to be a total rip off, they charge like $30 a bottle, and it suggests using 20 pumps for each wash, for long hair more. It's like someone tried just washing with conditioner, and said how can I profit of this idea. I am not saying this is a bad product, but I'm sure you can yeild the exact same results coing with a cheap conditioner. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this prodeuct, or even tried it? I thought it would be appropiate to place in this thread since the main idea is CO washing.
    On another note, I have decided to switch to primarily CO washing, and wondering what condish anyone could reccommend? I would like to use a natural condish, if anyone has had some good results with any...Right not I am using the suave white clarifying one, but I don't really like it that much. I will be searching around the forum, but all suggestions are very appreciated.

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

There's a thread on conventional products about Wen themostsilly That'd probably answer all your Wen-specific questions.
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

For me personally, Suave just doesn't work for CO, I dont know why. It leaves my ends dry, and scalp oily.

My holy grails for CO are LaBella conditioner (I used to hate this stuff with S&C but for CO it works wonders... still hate the smell) but my all time fave is V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying and/or V05 Vitaburst.

To my sheer amazement, V05 has gotten out oils, hair gel, henna residue, MINERAL OIL, mousse and hairspray, with no need for shampoo. I do use some pomades and creams with mineral oil and the KLS gets it completely out. Nothing tacky afterwards
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

thanks for the update, caldonia sun! I went looking for some tonight, but my local CVS was out.

Does the thera neem have a bad smell? I've been tempted but read some horrible things about the odor of neem.

Still itchy here, but was reading last night about hormonal imbalances causing itchy scalp, so am researching that idea some more as well.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I have a question about CO-washing - I've been doing it for about two months now, and it works beautifully! I've been using cheap, cone-free conditioner, and it's perfect. However, CAN you use cones in CO successfully? I have some old conditioners kicking around, and I'm not sure whether to use them or ditch them - they are probably thicker than the cone-free ones I've been using.

I just wondered whether conditioners with cones work for CO-ing, or if they are less effective than the cheapo cone-free ones (which ARE harder to find). TIA!

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Honey39, I have been able to CO with conditioners that have cones.

However, I find that I need to clairify when my hair gets that heavy feeling with a sulphate shampoo.

I'm sure it varies how long you can go without clairification.

Length
    pixie/41''/term?
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Could someone explain what you mean by clarifying? I've a vague idea but I'd like to be sure
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14846&dateline=121016  5357 Spot the difference?

Type
    1b/F/ii

Clarifying = washing with a clarifying shampoo* (in my case Herbina ) to get out residues that stick to my hair. It might be cones, it might be oils and different other ingredients in mainly conditioners.

Signs that you need to clarify:
    1. sticky, dry ends that stick to each other whatever you do, so called velcro ends
    2. lank, oily looking hair that never seems to get clean, at least not with gentle LHC methods of washing

*baking soda mixed with conditioner/water/shampoo is also clarifying but I prefer a shampoo

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

How bad is a cone conditioner?? Is Nexus Humectruss cone free?? though I read the labels and it said nothing like cones in it!!

In Vo5 and Suave I didn't find anything without cones!Not in WM!!
    Jasmine

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I think some of the people who are having success with cone conditioners are shampooing occasionally.

Humectress doesn't look like it has cones but it's high in mineral oil which could be potentially problematic if you're never shampooing.

Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour Lipids (Triticum Vulgare), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Soybean Sterol (Glycine Soja), Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200)
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights