Page 134 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    BSL/hip/TBL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I CO for the second time today and I'm loving my hair.
    Too bad I use half a bottle of conditioner each time...
    I want my hair to get caught in my elbows!

Waist by 2011?

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Too bad I use half a bottle of conditioner each time...
    Haha so true I've been borrowing my sisters Suave Naturals Conditioner and I feel really bad that I've used SO much in such a short amount of time, but my hair loves it!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Back so soon from your CO hiatus, AllNaturalBoy? That's great you got it working! Which kind did you use when it worked? I wonder if doing the S&C a few weeks got you super clean & helped.... I hope it'll keep working ongoing. I had myself convinced I didn't need too much conditioner on the ones that work..... but I do find at least now & then I need to use LOTS, too. Depends on the day whether I can get away with a smaller/diluted amount. Right now of all I've tried, the one that consistently cleans/rinses the most thoroughly for me is the "Personal Care Lavender" cheapo stuff I got from The Christmas Tree Shops. Not sure how big a chain CTS is.... if others can find it easily. Though last time I went in, they only had the Lavender shampoo, no conditioner. Hope it's not discontinued or anything....

Oh, and I can't imagine it's possible to use too much CO, other than wasting it, if you don't really need that much. But sounds like it's working for you, so go with what works!
    Yeah. XD I couldn't stay away. I really wanted it to work and was pretty disappointed when it didn't. Then I just decided to give it one last go and pile on WAY more than usual. And the fact that it worked sometimes and then others not makes me think I need to throw in a periodic S&C or CWC or something. Maybe a hybrid wash. Has anyone ever tried that? Heres the link for it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=97

Right now I'm using Suave Naturals Coconut. I love the smell of that stuff. And I've never heard of The Christmas Tree Shops. Maybe its not so big a chain then? But I'm not really "in the loop" so to speak so I don't know.

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Hello. I copied the list of ingredients from the bottles (May have made some typing errors) and some I'm thinking of buying, can anyone tell me, do any of these ingredients contain protein? isn't avocado oil a protein? Please let me know. Thank you.

Garnier Fructus Fortifing Conditioner Sleek & Shine
    Smoothing 2x easier
    Thermo Active
    Fruit micro oils

Ingredients: Aqua / water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, niacinamide, saccharum officinarum extract, sugar cane extract, dodecene, trideceth-6, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, poloxamer 407, camellia sinensis extract / camellia sinensis leaf extract, benzyl salicylate, amodimethicone, pyrus malus extract, apple fruit exract, persea gratissima oil / avocado oil, pyridoxine hcl, cetyl esters, citric acid, cetrimonnium chloride, citris medica limonum peel extract / lemon peel extract, lauryl peg/ppg-18/18 methicon, prunus armeniaca kernek oil/apricot kenel oil, hexyl cinnamal, parfum / fragrance (fil c33693/1)

Garnier Fructus Sleek & shine Anti Frizz Smoothing Serum Leave in.
    Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane dimethiconol, limonene linalool, benzyl salicylate, alpha-isomethyl ionone persea gratissima oil/ avocado oil, butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/apricot kernel oil, coumarin, hexyl cinnamal, parfum/fragrance (fil c34858/1)
    Hairscience Nourishing Conditioner
    Contains: Water (aqua), cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, cyclopenta-siloxane, behentrimonium methosulfphate, dimethiconol, phenyl trimethicone, panthenol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.
    Contains: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Bis-PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Citric Acid, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid

Contains: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Methyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben
    Keep giving in to the bleach | Love the straightener

Length
    16/22.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Ok, now I'm sad! My bottle of Sleek & Shine doesn't have -cones, but every website with ingredients labeled says it has amodimethicone! I guess they changed the formula or something? So that one is a no go In fact, I think every single one on your list has at least one cone, look for names ending in -cone, -conol, and -xane. These will build up on your hair, requiring shampoo to get them out.

Off to look at another forum to try to find you a conditioner!

ETA:

Ok here are the ones I've found listed as protein free on naturallycurly.com:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    DevaCare One Condition
    Tressemme Naturals
    Kinky Curly Knot Today
    V05 Tea Therapy (cheap and easy to find!)
    Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (also easy to find and fairly cheap)
    GVP Conditioning Balm (you can get this at Sally Beauty Supply)
    Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    BB Smoothie
    Last edited by Gumball; September 7th, 2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Combined posts into ETA.
    Lady Aruna, Curl Crowned Matriarch of the Golden Song in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Question - has anyone tried this Wen thing? I just so the ad for it (and at $29 a bottle I ain't buying) but I wanted to know if anyone used it and how they liked it.

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by OperaTeacherMom View Post
    Ok here are the ones I've found listed as protein free on naturallycurly.com:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    DevaCare One Condition
    Tressemme Naturals
    Kinky Curly Knot Today
    V05 Tea Therapy (cheap and easy to find!)
    Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (also easy to find and fairly cheap)
    GVP Conditioning Balm (you can get this at Sally Beauty Supply)
    Aura Cherry Almond Bark
    BB Smoothie
    Thanks so much for the list, but most, actually all of those I have never seen in Australia That's why I am having so much trouble finding anything lol. I don't mind the cones because my hair is awfully damaged from bleach and does ok with cones. But to find something protein free, and free from oils and stuff that contain protein, its so hard! I really do appreciate your help though, thank you.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlenvy View Post
    Question - has anyone tried this Wen thing? I just so the ad for it (and at $29 a bottle I ain't buying) but I wanted to know if anyone used it and how they liked it.

Here's the 26 page Wen thread! : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...36#post1131436

Quote Originally Posted by allnaturalboy View Post

Right now I'm using Suave Naturals Coconut. I love the smell of that stuff. And I've never heard of The Christmas Tree Shops. Maybe its not so big a chain then? But I'm not really "in the loop" so to speak so I don't know.
    I like Christmas Tree Shops. It's not actually a Christmas-themed shop, so not sure why the title. Here's the link: http://www.christmastreeshops.com/. It tells the states that they're in on the left of that link. Not all that many states, I guess.

I still haven't bought the Suave Coconut....one of these days I'll add that to my growing collection.
    Last edited by Gumball; September 7th, 2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by SapphiraSilver View Post
    Thanks so much for the list, but most, actually all of those I have never seen in Australia That's why I am having so much trouble finding anything lol. I don't mind the cones because my hair is awfully damaged from bleach and does ok with cones. But to find something protein free, and free from oils and stuff that contain protein, its so hard! I really do appreciate your help though, thank you.
    I bought the Garnier one today! It is under a different name out here its in the dark green bottles and is the nutri repair range, I checked it out and its identical
    Have you tried the Aldi 5 stars one? its great, a nice simple runny conditioner and its only $2 for a litre!

I got the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose online in australia

Tressemme Naturals is available in Priceline

Hope that helps!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I never seen or heard of Aldi 5 stars. I been shopping all day today, been to a million shops and didn't find Aubrey or any that was on that list. I did find the cone free Tresemme Naturals but the one for dry/damaged hair had protein, the one for normal is ok, but my hair is not normal

Does the Garnier Nuti Repair one have protein or avocado oil?

Today I bought:
    - Fructis Silicon free Volume Restructure Conditioner
    - Fructis Moisture Intense Conditioner
    - Fructis Body & Volume Conditioner
    - Fructis Smoothing Milk
    - Tresemme Salon Silk Conditioner

Some have protein in them and cones for sure, it's so hard to find one without protein. I wonder which of these works best for me. Guess we'll see.

PS: Please remind me to stop buying conditioners lol.