Thread: Progesterone Cream

Default Progesterone Cream

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used bioidentical progesterone cream here and can share what, if any, effects it’s had on your hair.

I’m thinking of trying it to alleviate some of my symptoms (including monstrous premenstrual shedding and scalp discomfort and a few other non-hair related ones) but thought to ask if anyone has had any positive or negative first-hand experience. None of my tests has shown any hormonal imbalance, but I believe with the symptoms I have something must be off and my closest guess based on all the research is progesterone deficiency. Also if anyone has any advice/extra info on natural progesterone creams and its relationship to hairloss and any risks associaited with its usage I’d be grateful to know. Thanks!

Indiana but I travel all over the country for work
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Progesterone Cream

I've been using prog. cream for a while but don't think it's made any difference in my hair. Working on getting my underactive thyroid corrected made a huge difference in how much hair I was shedding. Sorry I can't be of more help.

susan

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Progesterone Cream

I'm using a presribed progesterone cream that follows my cycle. (Start on the 15th day and increase on the 22nd, then stop after the 28th.) It's to keep my endometriosis under control.

It hasn't had an effect on my hair, but my scalp seems to get something like eczema when I take the highest doses. Then it gets better about 4 days after I stop taking the progesterone.

Maybe you have a problem with not enough estrogen rather than progesterone? Have you been to a doctor? There is a saliva test that can measure your progesterone and estrogen throughout your cycle that may help you to determine if you even need hormones. I'm not sure you need a doctor to get it because I think naturopaths use it.