Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair growing faster. I need help

Length
    10/25cm/50cm

Unhappy Hair growing faster. I need help

Hello! I am new here, I've heard about this comunity through a friend of mine. Well, my problem is that I've bleached my hair more than 1 year ago from black (dyed) to a light copper chatene and now I want to dye it, finally, a pure red - that intense red without any trace of chestnut. just pure red. My skin iswhite. My hair got damaged a lot through the bleaching process and I had to recently cut it and it's now only shoulder long. I am so sad about it, I feel like I have a disease if my hair is not long. I want to heave it down to the middle of my back. please is there any chance to make it grow at least a little faster? I know that over night it's not possible, I just ask for some treatment which coud make my hair grow at least a bit faster

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Hair growing faster. I need help

some people have had some success with monistat and others have had success with megatek. you might want to check those threads out.

vitamins tend to help. the best thing is good old fashioned patience, but that doesn't seem like much. the best thing i can think of to do is to experiment with treatments to make your hair look and feel nicer while you wait it out.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Hello,
    Here is a lot of information about how to make your hair healthier and stronger, but you will need to experiment to find out what works for you and what does not. For growth I would recommend to check out the Monistat thread.
    But overall you will need to make peace with your hair, try to treat it with love and respect and then just be patient Good luck!

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Bene's given you some good advice.

I would also recommend focusing on *keeping* the hair you have and whatever growth you get - this means protecting your length and your ends by wearing your hair in updos, keeping your hair healthy and moisturised, and avoiding those things that make your hair more brittle or delicate, such as heat styling, harsh shampoos, and bleach.

Best of luck!

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Also, I suggest you head over to the 'articles' section. Here are a few good ones to start with:

By Nightshade

By Igor

By Ursula

Length
    10/25cm/50cm

Thank you very much for your advices. I'll now look up the articles you showed me

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

A good scalp massage everday of just 5-10 minutes is also a good way to increase hair growth.

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Length
    10/25cm/50cm

i heard it too, and I massage my scalp like 15 minutes when I wash my hair.. but no result it growes extremelly slow

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

The supplement msm,
    http://www.msmguide.com/

and the supplement florasil (which has a silica form) http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...ucts/R1434.htm

and the washing method using first conditioner, then shampoo, then conditioner really helped me a lot.

I also take my "ton" of regular vitamins that I was already on for health benefits.

I went from this:

to this:

in just over 7 months. (End of October to beginning of June)
    Last edited by Debra83; July 6th, 2009 at 04:35 AM.
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    10/25cm/50cm

well, I don't want to take any pills, no matter if they are vitamins or whathever.. I don't want pills. I was looking on the Moinstat topic, but i don't understand very well what's that, it's seems the topicis reopened and at the beginning it doesn't say what's moinstat is about.