Thread: SOs + LHC experiments

Default Re: SO's + LHC experiments

I usually do the stranger ones while he is gone to work

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hennaphile View Post
    Yes, he does. But he's still going to cut it

Accutane did not play nice with his hair (I love it anyway) so he wants to cut it, treat it from the beginning, then grow it long.
    Awww, that's a shame.. I understand him though. I went trough an acne treatment too and lost a BIG fraction of my hair. It was very thin and I really didn't like it (add flat iron damage to that :s), so I cut it gradually. I went from waist (when I started the treatment) to chin. The good thing is he will be able to start growing it again in perfect condition

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    After that they just shake their head and go into another room while i mix or use my concoctions.
    Hahaha, I imagine it must be very funny.
    Oh, and my DBF likes to call them consomés instead of concotions. Like chicken consome xD

Quote Originally Posted by may1em View Post
    No. He'll use stuff in the shower that he recognizes as shampoo and conditioner when he visits if he forgot his. But that's about the extent of it. He wouldn't know what to do with my bottle of diluted Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo.

However, I got him into Frizz-ease before I went no-cone, and he'll be using that stuff for life.
    Hah, that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Nat242 View Post
    My partner has gorgeous APL hair and he's really receptive to any LHC advice I have. He's always had some scalp issues, but since he tried diluted shampoo, vinegar rinses, and occasional scalp oilings they've cleared up nicely.
    Ohh, you just gave me an idea, thanks! It didn't ocurr to me using vinegar on his scalp..

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    Hehehehe, the secret life your husband doesn't know

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I don't have a SO, but this morning I was trying a protein treatment with eggs in our bathroom and my mom gave me this really strange look as she passed me putting eggs in my hair. :P

Length
    waist/waist/tb
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I don't have a SO but I try things out on my mom. Things always work wonderfully on her hair but not on mine.
    Lady Delgado of the Red Rose Tower in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/32/term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm going to try some treatments on DBF next week. He's got a flaky scalp, and the skin under his beard seems really dry aswell. Haven't decided what to do yet. It's got to be something he can put in his face, and I'm not sure he will agree to wrapping his face in cling film to cover a DT with honey and aloe vera. It'll probably be an oil treatment, maybe with some aloe vera gel...

I've been talking about wanting to do it for a month now, and he's finally agreed.

I've also talked a friend into doing a DT with egg yolks. I did get some help from her sister though. And this friend is a big fan of doing things from scratch (she makes her own lip balm and body lotion).

What I really want to do is to give my sister some advice on taking care of her curls. My hair is straight, so she won't listen to me when I beg her to moisturize her hair. She says that conditioner takes the curl out, and maybe she's right, but her hair feels so dry. But she realized years ago that finger combing was way better than brushing in order to keep the curls.
    September 2012. Next mini goal: Hip!

Length
    17/32/term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    I go to my place to do things involving food in my hair. DBF has come to understand the power of honey, but he's not yet accepting yoghurt, eggs or olive oil. Sometimes it's just easier to make these experiments while alone, instead of trying to explain to someone who doesn't want to understand.
    September 2012. Next mini goal: Hip!

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

PurpleAshes - I started with the FrizzEase back in '06 when I had shoulder-length hair. It made shoulder-length manageable in a way I didn't know it could be (coming from devotion to a wedge cut). I guess I needed it at that stage of growth. Heck, I didn't even decide to grow long on purpose until early 07.

DBF loves the stuff. He's totally not into any of my "experiments" - he doesn't like any facial cleanser that doesn't foam because "how do you know it's working?" He's (sort of) ok with my love of the natural, organic, and homemade because he knows how sensitive my skin is and I can always plead irritation from conventional stuff; but he trusts medicated, mass-marketed stuff for himself.
    makeup blog fitness blog
    Lady Sefkhet-Abwy, Tomekeeper in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    29.5/29.5/43

haha my boyfriend always teases me for being obsessed with my hair but a few days ago he confessed to trying a CO wash and i already convinced him to CWC and fingercomb instead of ripping the brush through. He's already an LHC convert and doesn't even know it haha

Account Closed by Member Request

My husband is glad that I've found LCH and NC because my hair is healthier and curlier now that it's ever been. Soon it'll be longer than it's ever been. He even CO now.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I have the most supportive SO ever. He is encouraging of me growing my hair, doesnt mind me trying seven million different new things, rarely mentions the stack of products slowly taking over the bathroom, occasionally sniffs and pulls funny faces when I do henna or weird smelling oils, and now has decided to start stealing my hair vitamins so he can grow his own hair - which is not only naturally red, but naturally thick and curly - the git

oh and he takes all my hair pictures
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62