Thread: "Color Oops"

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default "Color Oops"

This evening I saw the product "Color Oops" at Walgreens. I went to google to find more info on it and came upon this site:

http://www.developlus.com/products/coloroops/index.html

It says, "No ammonia, bleach, or peroxide."

How in the world does it work if it does not have any of those products in it?

After my daughter's henna had faded all it's going to fade, is this something we should or should not consider?
    Member of the Official Hair Idiots Club

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: "Color Oops"

It does say, "Color Oops reverses the hair coloring process by shrinking the color molecule so small that it simply washes away." I don't know how that can be gentle though.

Any thoughts?

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

If you search for it here, you'll find lots of members' experiences with it (including mine).

It's not damaging IMHO (well, maybe a little). It works to pull out old chemical dye by breaking down the bonds. You will be left with orangish hair, which is actually from the old dye (it prellightens prior to depositing its color). You can fix that with an ashy color or leave it be.

Here is my hair with old dye and badly faded highlights:

Here is was after the color oops:

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I did a search but instead of 'search post', I did 'search threads', which did not really give me what I was looking for. Sorry about that.

I'll go back to read the posts.

edited: Ok, now I see your results in the smaller photo. So, this was not over henna, but chemical?

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Yes, color oops removes chemical dye. I don't think it will do anything for old henna, if that's your objective.

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Yes, it is. She's got a darker/brown strip in the front by her face that has started to turn somewhat greenish. (I suspect the chlorine in the pool where she life guards is responsible?) It's not super noticeable - only when it's pointed out and then one says, "Ahhh, yes, I see that!" o.O

To get that dark strip we used Rainbows persian black (over persian red). On the rest we used Rainbow persian red. (you can see this in my photos)

Anyway, not sure where to go with things now. :/

Thanks for the info, Manderly

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Color Oops, ColorFix and such like products don't remove henna. In my strand tests, by the time the henna was gone, the hair quality was destroyed. And the henna reoxidized and the hair darkened upon standing for a day or so.

Wish I had better news for you.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

maybe it will tone down the henna. I have read posts from people who have used such products on hennaed hair and it turned their hair back to normal for a few days then the henna reappeared. This was because the color oops did shrink the henna but then the henna oxidized again if I remember it correctly. It would probably work better on the dark stripe since indigo isn't as permanent as henna. Try, if it doesn't work, no harm other than maybe a little bit dry hair and you can stop thinking *if* it would work, peace of mind

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Although I had hoped to hear that it would remove the henna, I am glad to know that more than likely, it would only darken back up - which would just defeat the purpose. We'll not bother with the product then. Thank you all