Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: oils: how do you KNOW it's doing anything?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

The "nice" effects I like from oiling would be that my hair feels softer and it tames my scalp frizzies. I'm an oddball, not only do I oil my scalp, I do it daily! I normally use coconut or shea, jojoba is too heavy for me.

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Ok, well, I've been doing a little experiment and have found that the coconut oil just might work out after all!

I switched to the virgin oil, and after my last wash a couple of days ago I applied it to the damps length (and well as adding a bit more then I usually do), and then again when it was dry.

Although it looked great, it was borderline TOO greasy looking/feeling so I'll try a few different things over the next while to see which works best.

Maybe it was just the switch from non-virgin to virgin? I had also clarified and conditioned, followed by a vinegar rinse. I don't know for sure which too the credit, but I think it was the oil.

I'm very thrilled! Except that I put a tad too much on, I actually had THE HAIR I'VE WANTED ALL ALONG, the last couple of days!
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics