Thread: Red hair, dye vs. Henna?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Red hair, dye vs. Henna?

I loved having my long red hair. Originally it was hennaed a red-auburn, and bright fire engine red in the sun. I wanted my sunlit hair to to the colour of my hair all the time, which led me to chemical dyes. My hair is naturally a dark auburn, but more of a dark mousy brown than anything. This meant chemical dyes never got me the colour I wanted, no matter how light or bright of a red I chose. My hair now (2 henna applications on virgin dark mousy brown hair) with flash:

without flash:

and the chemical red I loved, but was a bit obnoxious. my biggest complaint about this was that I needed to bleach my hair to accomplish it. This is no flash, but a very bright room (brighter than the above picture):

(Sorry if these pictures are too large, I shrunk them down once already.)

Now, the red I'm looking for, without flash, but a well lit room is:

I would like to do this with henna. I heard that honey lightening may help to lighten my hair. I don't know though if it would be possible to honey lighten and use henna to achieve what I want...:

Any ideas? Open to suggestions on how to achieve this (hopefully with minimum damage)
    Last edited by klcqtee; June 21st, 2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: broken picture link