View Poll Results: Do you see a difference in your hair when you do a final cold water rinse?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, big difference in how my hair looks and feels.

122 31.36%
  • Not sure, but I do it anyway.

165 42.42%
  • No, no difference.

49 12.60%
  • I don’t rinse with cold water, I use cheese.

53 13.62%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water Rinse?

Length
    shldr/bsl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I did cold water rinses for a while. I would just lean WAY back so that it went through my hair and less on my body. I got away from doing it, and now I don't really even notice a difference. However, I'll admit that I still don't rinse it in water the same temp as I use on the rest of my person. I still cut it down to well below body temp, but not 'cold'.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I do freezing cold-water rinses every shower (I do this sort of messed-up looking acrobatic thing where my head is near the bottom of the shower and only my hair gets the blast) and every time I do.. I notice that my hair is much shinier, tangle-free, and less prone to frizz.

Length
    Pixie/23.5"/33"
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by j4zzin View Post
    I've only recently started doing cold water rinses, and I voted that I'm not sure. It seems easier to manage when it's wet to comb (with my ultra-wide hair pick). Now that's it gotten much warmer around here, I find the cool rinse refreshing. I usually try to angle my head back far enough so I don't get as much cold water rinsing down my back and legs. As soon as I pull back the curtain I'm in a big fluffy towel in a steamy bathroom anyway, so my body temp is all right.
    I do this too, when I do the cold water rinse. I think of it as hair yoga!

I have done this cold rinse thing from the getgo of growing my hair longer, and I honestly have no clue if it works. People do tell me regularly how incredibly shiny it is though, so maybe it is from that

Length
    8 in/34 in/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I do a cold rinse when im done with my shower . I can stand my scalp being ice cold but not so much my back .
    Lady Haniel of the Morning Inspiration in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/???/45
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

My hair is much shinier with a cold water rinse.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Space empty until further notice

Length
    1/35/40

I am definately convinced i have a much better shine when I rinse with cold water! I don't always like the cold water but the results are worth it!
    Jim

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have been doing cold water rinses before i found the site, my hair is much whinnier, softer and much easier to comb when i do this.

Plus i like to think the cold water stimulates my scalp and makes those hairs reach for the sun!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    16"/49+/-/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I use CHEESE...

I do cold water on occasion and my hair does feel and look better when I do. I just cannot stand the cold that just about no matter what I do it does not stay to JUST my hair. Summer time is coming though so I'm sure the cold water rinses my start up again for me.
    Irishred@>--;-- 2a f/M ii

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

My final rinse in the shower is as cool as I can stand (I'm not gonna freeze myself!), and then I do an ACV rinse in the basin in cold water.
    I think it helps with smoothness, but my conditioner and the ACV rinse also help, so I don't have a definitive answer for that.
    But I have found that it really helps with rinsing out the final bit of product.