View Poll Results: Do you wear both gold and silver at the same time?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Often

43 19.91%
  • Sometimes

72 33.33%
  • Never

83 38.43%
  • Only if I someone promises me cheese

18 8.33%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you mix gold with silver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Chin/27/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Do you mix gold with silver?

I'm curious, do you match your hairtoys with your jewellery when it comes to gold and silver colors?

For example, would you wear a silver colored hairtoy in your hair together with gold jewellery, and vice versa?
    Feye

Length
    Chin/27/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Do you mix gold with silver?

I'll start.

I basically think that gold and silver look good together, but when it comes to mixing the colors myself I end up not doing it. My silver hair toys always match my silver earrings, and if I wear a gold colored hair toy I will search for gold ear studs. I wish that I was more flexible!
    Feye

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I have a stainless steel nose ring (so, silver-colored), so anytime I wear gold jewelry, I am mixing gold and silver. So I don't care about mixing them otherwise.

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I'm a strictly silver person. All of my jewelry is silver-colored. I have one gold backed ficcare and one hairstick with gold colored accents, and I never wear them.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2v9rrcj.jpg
    Maintaining at classic with
    indecisive wavy hair!

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I tend to be more strict about matching bits of actual jewelry than I am about coordinating my hair toy with the rest of my ensemble.

For me, my hair toys are pretty much about the main color, not whatever silver or gold accents that might be visible if you look really closely.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Yes I do. My earrings and rings are mixed metals all the time. I have a yellow gold signet pinkie ring I've worn on my right hand since 11th grade. I used to keep all the rings on one hand the same metal but now I don't. I bought a white gold and a yellow gold skinny wedding band and wear those as pinkie rings on the other hand. Then I mix the rest of my rings. For earrings I mix it up too. I have 5 holes in my right ear and 3 in the left, so plenty of opporunities! I wear some kind of a hair toy almost every day. I pay more attention to the color of the hair toy coordinating with what I am wearing clothing-wise, than I do to matching metal color to my jewelry. If I was wearing let's say a white gold Ficcare, I'd probably wear white gold hoops in my bottom holes and not worry much about the rest of it. I'm also mixing in rose gold jewelry too but I don't have any rose gold hair toys.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    bald/20/??
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Because of my coloring I can get away with wearing either gold or silver, so oftentimes I buy pieces of jewelry/hair toys that combine the two. That way I match no matter what color my earrings, or watch, or what have you are. On the other hand, if the piece in my hair is only straight silver or gold I tend to try to keep the rest of my jewelry the same.

Of course, this coming from a person who occasionally mismatches clothes on purpose, just to try to relax a bit about it.
    1b m ii

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I prefer silver and generally wear silver coloured metal - my earrings are Little 7 and I wear them all the time. My rings are also silver. I have 5 gold trimmed Ficcares, and I am not bothered about the colour difference. My go-to every-day Ficcare is a gold border Max, because I don't have any worries about the paint chipping. I don't wear the others so often, but that's not because they are gold, but because I like them less than my silver ones in terms of their paint colours. I have wondered what would happen if I got a silver border or lotus Max though - would I stop wearing the gold one, simply because I prefer the look of silver?

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

This is one area where my tendency to OCD comes out. I have to match all my clothing, including jewelry, outerware and, um... underwear.

Always.

An example, I was getting ready to go to a club with a friend. Black top, blue jeans, leopard print heels, gold hoop earrings, gold ficcare maximus holding up the half up, leopard print giant plastic bracelet, neutral skin colored bra and panties.

The happiest making part of this was that the bra was lined in leopard print.

Sad.

I know.

If I wear mixed metals, it's mixed all the way, from hair piece to all other jewelry.

I'm trying to not branch into tones and shades.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post
    This is one area where my tendency to OCD comes out. I have to match all my clothing, including jewelry, outerware and, um... underwear.

Always.

An example, I was getting ready to go to a club with a friend. Black top, blue jeans, leopard print heels, gold hoop earrings, gold ficcare maximus holding up the half up, leopard print giant plastic bracelet, neutral skin colored bra and panties.

The happiest making part of this was that the bra was lined in leopard print.

Sad.

I know.

If I wear mixed metals, it's mixed all the way, from hair piece to all other jewelry.

I'm trying to not branch into tones and shades.
    You are awesome!!!! Underwear matching shoes is so......well gosh darn it- it makes me smile!!!