Page 9 of 541 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Length
    22 in/37 in/55 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by zift View Post
    " if I sneak from the back and cut your hair one day what would you do?"
    My answer is "I'll kill you."
    This is probably my biggest fear, because I know people who would consider such a thing a "prank," not something that will trigger insanity untill the full-on depresion sets in.
    As for comments: "You should cut your hair, my wife had really long hair and I convinced her to cut it, and now she loves it." That's.....great. (Dear sir, dunno if you noticed, but I'm not anything like your wife, considering I CAN'T STAND YOU) He's also one of the ones that can't take "because I like it this way."
    Sorry, mini-rant.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Five View Post
    A friend of mine had the best reply to the 'Your hair is long' comment I've ever heard. xD Her hair is ...oh, 'bout calf length. When someone tells her hair is long, she says 'What?', looks over her shoulder, screams, and runs in a circle yelling 'Oh my God!' xD

I LOVE THIS!!!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wheatfree View Post
    I think I'm the only one with long hair in my husband's family. It's APL now & was tailbone length when I cut it to my shoulders. When we had family get togethers, it seemed like everyone had to ask at least once when I was going to cut it. Since it's become obvious that I'm growing it out again, that question is starting to make a comeback. I don't know why this is such an issue for them, but I'm considering a t-shirt that says: When I can't walk without tripping over it. No one else would understand, but they'd get it.

I think the t-shirt idea is brilliant!!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

A girl assumed right away that I was growing my hair because it was a f/e/t/i/s/h for my boyfriend
    I'm still sad that I can't seem to find a guy who's into long hair...I keep hearing about how men go ga-ga for long hair, but neither my current partner nor my ex cared one way or the other. I mean, I grow it for ME, but it would sort of be nice to have someone besides me appreciate it... how does the long-haired chick end up with the guys who DON'T care?

I've had two good boss comments. One was the boss from a couple jobs ago; one of my first days on the job, he was walking behind me and suddenly said, "I didn't know your hair was so long!" Somehow he didn't notice at my interview, lol.

The second was from my boss at my last job; I usually wear my hair in a single braid, but one day I wore it in two, and he said "whoa, your hair is different!" Duh. It can be configured however I want. I suppose it was surprising since I wear it in one braid 99% of the time, but geez!

I do usually also tell the LoL pushers that "If I wanted my hair on Paris Hilton's head, I'd sell it to her myself." Children's charities aren't my thing anyway...I'd rather donate to hungry/homeless folks, animals, the arts, women, and LGBT charities anyway. So many people are just dying to donate to kids' causes that they're not going to miss it if they don't have my support too. But I usually don't say that part.

And as far as whether "your hair is long" being stupid...i still maintain that it is. If you want to compliment my hair, tell me it looks nice. If you want to insult it, tell me it looks like shite. But don't make a general statement of fact and expect me to be able to interpret what you mean by it. That'd be like going up to a beautiful woman and saying "wow, you're a woman." And?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Hm the dumbest comment, I think it's more the most annoying comment perhaps, as I don't mind other comments (unless they're of the pushy creepy kind)

"I bet you use that to wipe your a**"

Ehhh

Oh and "Where did you buy that bun?"
    But that was more a funny one, she thought it was a clip-on bun

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

'your hair is too orange to be real' was the most ridiculous one I've ever received.

Length
    13/25/waist

Aww Phalaenopsis I am glad you would not make fun of me if I gave you the "your hair so long" comment. I am sure I've done it. I also do the "OMG you have a puppy/baby" usually in a high pitch voice. It just blurts out :S lol.
    I am trying to do a crown braid...its definetly a work in progress, as well as small little french braids.
    If I see you, you'll probably get my compliments

When reading girlcat36' comment, I remembered another one that was not as much dumb but more hurtful to my ego. I told a girl I had bsl+ hair now (yes I'm proud of it) Her reply: and all that hair fits into that tiny bun??

Another reason to grow superlong hair.

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    I think my very favorite hair comment was from a man who I'd worked with every day for over a year and one day he walked into my office when my hair was loose (wash day). He stopped dead in his tracks and said "Whoa!! Where the f*&% did you get all that hair?!?"
    I found it behind the couch!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I struggle with hairloss. I used to have a very thin patch at the front of my head, right in the middle(it has since gotten somewhat better).

My boss was giving me the once over one day, and proclaims loudly, "You've got a bald spot, you know!"

I still can't figure out why he thought it would be a good idea to yell that out. As if I never looked in the mirror! Of course I knew I had a bald spot.
    I work in a very busy restaurant with an open kitchen, where everyone hears everything.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights