Page 61 of 541 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

^^ Rentlle, It's not only blondes who get that... I've got that (same as heatherdazy) so many times in the past as well (I'd say some people are just obsessed with "natural colour" )

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
    I get annoyed with "Is that your real hair color?" (I'm a hairstylist who specializes in blondes. Wtf do you think?) and also with "Oh, so what's your real haircolor?" (What difference does it make?! You're never going to see it!) and then there's "So is your natural color the color of your eyebrows?"

Length
    37/32/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meph View Post
    My hair isn't long enough to get the "You have long hair!" comments, but as a redhead I had a lot of "Your hair is red" comments. What do they expect me to say ? "Gee thanks for pointing that out, I always thought it was (insert other colour here)!"

Oh well..
    My little brother said that to another little boy. The mother said, "No! It's purple! " :P

Length
    21/39/45
    Type
    1b/M/C/i/ii

About 8 years ago I had a motorbike accident and ended up in hospital. On day 4 of my recovery (first 3 days spend heavily sedated following my pelvis being reconstructed) I had to point out that my hair was still in the braid it had been in when I had the accident. The comment I heard did give me the giggles at the time but then with my medication, everything gave me the giggles!

The male nurse said in astonishment..... "Oh! You have hair!" I dont know what they thought I had on my head if I didnt have hair!! Mind you, that same nurse managed to give me the best experience ever that I had in hospital. He was able to tip my bed up (I was bed bound) so my head was pointing down. He then unbraided my hair, brushed it out and then washed it for me in the most careful way he knew how. He then spent a good hour combing it out with his fingers as it dried. I'll aways remember that! I had my first nights sleep that night!

Tiffers

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Not to be rude, but isn't it slightly possible that maybe some of you like comments you get about your hair? Of course I mean no offense by it, but if you've had long hair for any length of time, than you know it comes with the territory that people will most likely comment about it for the duration. If I bother to invest time and commitment it takes to create something attractive or interesting about myself, than I sure like when people take notice. Why complain?
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aer View Post

I have auburn hair, not really red, but I've had the " hey Red, does the curtain match the drapes?!" comment yelled at me before. I hated that.
    as if we have NEVER heard that one before.
    I've told someone only once...the b/f who is long distance while we were being naughty on the phone. Relevant to that, but nothing/no one else.

I did once answer a guy who'd asked by showing my armpit fuzz.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Quote Originally Posted by alys View Post
    Not to be rude, but isn't it slightly possible that maybe some of you like comments you get about your hair? Of course I mean no offense by it, but if you've had long hair for any length of time, than you know it comes with the territory that people will most likely comment about it for the duration. If I bother to invest time and commitment it takes to create something attractive or interesting about myself, than I sure like when people take notice. Why complain?
    I do not think we are complaining.
    Just stating interesting stories..
    I for one can say that I have had long hair since I was little (except for those teen years when I chopped it off)
    So I was (am) prepared for weird comments. Mostly its "wow! you have long hair!"
    Which I take as a compliment.
    I mean it is that someone noticed.

The only things that weird me out are people just coming up and touching it... I am talking about total strangers..
    People ( ok females) who stare creep me out.
    I mean if your going to stare for 10 freakin minutes while I am in the grocery check out line??
    That may be a tiny bit weird.
    Missing person advocates and crime discussion
    http://www.justicequest.net/forums

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I do not think we are complaining.
    Just stating interesting stories..

I agree totally with you Amraann, everyone here has an interesting story about their hair (none of which could really be classified as complaints).
    I've enjoyed reading this thread for having waist length hair in the past taught me a lot about human nature. People's reactions to it veered from the ridiculous to the sublime.........

Length
    bob/27.5/38
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

"did you cut your hair?" .... no... i just happen to be wearing it down today... i havent cut my hair since may...
    for some reason people think to beable to wear your hair up you have to have APL hair apparently...

A lady asked me "How on earth do you ever comb your hair"? "With a comb" I said. We both laughed.

Length
    Shldr/Clbn/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yesterday my grandmother told me my hair was dead and unstyled and just "hangs there" *rollseyes*
    ~~Lady Cēphisso of the Evercolor Inkwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~~
    Shoulder!!!!...on my way to Classic!