Page 13 of 541 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by jahof45 View Post
    Oh, Pixna, I'm always polite and say thank you. I would never try to hurt your feelings.
    Thank you, Jahof45!! You wouldn't believe some of the dumb things I've said to tall people -- mostly guys, with my husband right there, and he's six foot, so I usually go up to guys who are super tall (like 6' 5" an up). I haven't gone up to women (yet). I think sometimes women are so insecure about their height (tall or short), that I don't want to add to their burdens. Still, I'm in awe of any woman over 6 feet. WOW! I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to see the tops of people's heads and view the world from such a high perspective. Must be fantastic up there! (Whereas from down here, I get to see people's knees and nethers and such.)
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    34/36/???
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    Oh gawrsh. I'm one of those awful people who has trouble not saying something to really tall people. I think it's because I'm so short and so incredibly envious of those who have substantial height. I guess I have some silly dream that their height will rub off on me if I get close to them. Of course, it only makes me look even shorter. So, if any of you tall folk have a shorty come up to you and make some stupid comment about your height, trying to sound complimentary, please be aware that it might be me or someone else who just really admires you and is too clumsy to figure out how to tell you politely.
    Aww, that's sweet! My fiance is 6'7, so he gets a lot of comments about his height. I'm sure he'd think you were sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencai View Post
    Because I started to Henna last year over top of my bleached blonde hair, I have the demarcation line.
    It doesnt bother me and most people tell me that its cool and makes it look like flames.

However, one night at the pub it did cause one rather inebriated man to come up to me, with his face about three inches from my hair and loudly ask me

"Were you born a natural half red-head!?"

And so I told him, "yes I was! this is how I came out! The Drs still cant explain it!"

I thought my friends were going to wet themselves!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20826&dateline=123778  7991

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

My ever favorite question: How do you get your hair that color.
    Um. It grows out of my head this way.

A very odd one that kind of made my brain freeze: Wow, your hair is long. Where do you get it cut?
    Seriously?

And of course, the ever popular: Is all your hair red?
    Do you honestly think I'm gonna ANSWER that??? Um....EYEBROWS, hello!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    17/61.5/term.
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I've been thinking about posting about this since it happened a few weeks ago, but it left me fuming, and I wanted to cool down a bit before I wrote about it.

My hair was in a loose bun, and a woman walked up behind me in the restroom and asked me if I was going to sell it. I told her that I'd been growing it out for 15 years, and no, I wasn't going to sell it, in what I hoped was a quelling tone of voice. She then apologized and said she meant donate it. The details of the following conversation got a bit confusing, but ended up with the two of us in bathroom stalls next to each other, with me trying to explain that LoL is disreputable, and her asking about places that were better, so I suggested one. (Since it sounds like she knows people who donate, and I would rather that anyone who does donate, donates somewhere better.) And ended with the two of us leaving the bathroom, with her still trying to apologize for saying sell when she meant donate, and still clearly not getting the point that I was mainly offended at the idea of my hair being CUT!

You are in the presence of a hair toy enabler! Please use caution!

Account Closed by Member Request

I have not read all the replies, but to OP:

The #1 thing people have wondered, is if my hair is real.

The #2 thing was have I ever cut my hair.

Length
    20.5/22.5/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My hair is naturally very dark, my skin very light and I am also super hairy. While growing up (way before I ever had to color my hair to cover the gray) people would constantly ask me if my color was real. They just couldn't believe I could have black hair and fair skin naturally. Sometimes I would respond "Oh, yeah, I color my arm hair black too, just to get the full effect!" Usually they would just stare at my hairy arms and not know what to say!

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Depending on curl shrinkage/frizz factors, my hair can look a couple of inches different in the same week.

A lady at work passed me in the hall a while ago and said "You cut your hair!!"
    Me: No, I didn't it just looks that way.
    Lady: Yes you did!
    Me: OK, you win. I guess you were there when it happened and I wasn't.
    May 2010

Length
    SL/WAIST/HIP?!

"Wow, you have really long hair!"

That was back when i had hip length hair as a child. Now I am at shoulder length and struggling to grow it back!

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    Oh gawrsh. I'm one of those awful people who has trouble not saying something to really tall people. I think it's because I'm so short and so incredibly envious of those who have substantial height. I guess I have some silly dream that their height will rub off on me if I get close to them. Of course, it only makes me look even shorter. So, if any of you tall folk have a shorty come up to you and make some stupid comment about your height, trying to sound complimentary, please be aware that it might be me or someone else who just really admires you and is too clumsy to figure out how to tell you politely.
    I tend to tell tall people that they're tall too. I'm just under 5'2".

I tend to tell them though because it startles me to look up and then realize precisely how short I am, and how incredibly tall they are, especially in comparison. Then have a "Uhhhhhhhhhh, durrrrr?" moment and go Wow. You're tall.

But then, I enjoy being Captain Obvious. Example, in 8th grade home economics... my teacher asks the class, "What is the purpose of convenience foods (or mixes or something)? and I raise my hand proudly and go ".....Convenience!?"

I wasn't quite suer what other answer she was looking for. We want convenience foods to save the polar bears and stop the glaciers from melting, I dunno...
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    short/35 in/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I love when people ask me how I grew my hair so long, like I've got some secret method that involves washing it with the blood of virgins under the full moon, instead of just not cutting it off.

I have purple streaks, and older people, especially my grandfather, will tease me sometimes and ask me if my hair grows that color.