Page 12 of 541 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Length
    chin/bsl/w/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by BranwenWolf View Post
    Agree with all the "your hair is long!" comments. It's like the people that walk up to my 6'2" friend and say "You're tall!"
    Gee, never would have guessed.
    I get both those comments all the time... I don't really mind the "your hair is long" comment, since, well, my goal IS getting long hair, and people saying that must mean I'm getting close (also, it's usually followed by "but, uh, it's really pretty!" when they realize they're just standing there staring :P). But the "You're tall" (or even "You're TOO tall") thing is just plain stupid. What do you want with such a comment? Obviously I've been for quite some time, and it's not really anything I can do about it.
    March 2009

Length
    hip/calf/me
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I get the 'your hair is long' comment often, mostly from people that have known me for a while, but have never seen my hair down.

Another frequent comment is 'Surely you must be going through a whole bottle of shampoo a week!'. Ah well, no. I don't use shampoo at all, most of the time.

Not really stupid, but not thought all the way through was the view of girl with bsl hair I once met. She thought because she was very flexible and could reach her ankles with her hands very easily she would not have a problem braiding ankle length hair. It took her a while to realize that when you bend down, your head goes down too and so does your hair

- Kerri.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I get comments about ~ there's no way I could have hair as long as yours, you must take forever taking care of your hair (or something along those lines). I laugh and try to explain that it's easier and faster to take care of my hair now then it was when it was shoulder length and required washing and styling daily.

I also get ~ Your hair grows so fast. Ummmm nope, mine actually grows a tad slower than average.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh gawrsh. I'm one of those awful people who has trouble not saying something to really tall people. I think it's because I'm so short and so incredibly envious of those who have substantial height. I guess I have some silly dream that their height will rub off on me if I get close to them. Of course, it only makes me look even shorter. So, if any of you tall folk have a shorty come up to you and make some stupid comment about your height, trying to sound complimentary, please be aware that it might be me or someone else who just really admires you and is too clumsy to figure out how to tell you politely.
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Usually I get someone pointing at me and yelling "GINGER! GINGER! GINGERRRRR!"

Thanks, I have red hair. Super observant.

Length
    20/48.5/44
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I'm not bothered by people stating the obvious, not about my hair anyway. If somebody says "your hair is long," I take it as a positive. This is how I want it, and somebody else noticed. Hooray! However, if somebody were to say to me "Your hind-end is fat," I'd be so insulted, even though it's true.
    I've had teenagers (at work) tell me "You're fat & ugly!" My response? "And you're rude. What's your point?" But, it's still hard to just let it go & forget about it.

My response to the "Your hair is long" comments is either "It's getting there" or just plain ol' "Thank you."
    This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode. ~ Captain Mal 'Tightpants' Reynolds

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Because I started to Henna last year over top of my bleached blonde hair, I have the demarcation line.
    It doesnt bother me and most people tell me that its cool and makes it look like flames.

However, one night at the pub it did cause one rather inebriated man to come up to me, with his face about three inches from my hair and loudly ask me

"Were you born a natural half red-head!?"

And so I told him, "yes I was! this is how I came out! The Drs still cant explain it!"

I thought my friends were going to wet themselves!
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGunn View Post
    I've had teenagers (at work) tell me "You're fat & ugly!" My response? "And you're rude. What's your point?" But, it's still hard to just let it go & forget about it.
    Where do you work, LadyGunn? I'm constantly appalled at the lack of common courtesy amongst the young people today.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    Oh gawrsh. I'm one of those awful people who has trouble not saying something to really tall people. I think it's because I'm so short and so incredibly envious of those who have substantial height. I guess I have some silly dream that their height will rub off on me if I get close to them. Of course, it only makes me look even shorter. So, if any of you tall folk have a shorty come up to you and make some stupid comment about your height, trying to sound complimentary, please be aware that it might be me or someone else who just really admires you and is too clumsy to figure out how to tell you politely.
    Oh, Pixna, I'm always polite and say thank you. I would never try to hurt your feelings.

Length
    20/48.5/44
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    Where do you work, LadyGunn? I'm constantly appalled at the lack of common courtesy amongst the young people today.
    I work at a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) for teenagers with behavioural & emotional problems. I generally got along well with them, but sometimes one would get a bee up their bum & decide the world was conspiring against them. Therefore, we as staff were to blame.
    This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode. ~ Captain Mal 'Tightpants' Reynolds