Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You're a natural redhead, right?

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: You're a natural redhead, right?

bah. naturally i'm some stupid blonde/brown/strawberry hybrid. i get annoyed when people question my hair colour though, like, does it really matter if i coloured it or not? and why do you care?
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I get annoyed when asked if I color my hair as well. I think its a pretty rude question, but men especially seem to love asking this. I have yet to come up with a good response.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by goodluckcharm View Post
    I get annoyed when asked if I color my hair as well. I think its a pretty rude question, but men especially seem to love asking this. I have yet to come up with a good response.
    we'll come up with something! if I do, I'll let you know
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I got this from co-workers who knew me for over 2 years with my natural dirty blond hair, the day after my first henna. Honestly... rofl.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I used to get this, too, 'in the old days' when I was young (read: considered fair game to harass). I don't get it so much nowadays (and isn't that interesting? My hair color hasn't changed.. just my age). I typically reply "YES", since I happen to be naturally strawberry blonde; and besides, it's none of anyone's business, so I can answer it anyway I want, far as I'm concerned! I have been known to answer "I am henna enhanced", but most people have NO clue what I'm talking about, and then I have to explain.. (sigh)

Oh well; I prefer being asked if I'm a real redhead vs. the few times I've had women ask me what dye color I use (LOL!).

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I get the "is that your natural color!?!" usually accompanied by big eyes

I think the reason I get that question phrased that way is it's pretty obvious red/auburn isn't my natural color due to my Native American skin tone (I'm not dark, but have a red tone to my skin), my extremely dark brown eyes and my almost black eyebrows. But the henna on my hair looks so natural - this is certainly not a color you can get synthetically, not with the shine and all the variations of color on one head of hair - like how natural hair color is.

I generally answer with 'it's natural, I just wasn't born with it' - then I explain briefly that I use henna. Some people are satisfied by my telling them it's henna, some people are confused and others intrigued - I go into more explanation if warranted and time allows.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Answer the question with the same question to them.

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Ha I work at a hotel front desk and I get this question at least once a week. Strangers in public sometimes ask if they can touch it or if I'm Irish. Usually someone says "you must be irish with that hair." Once in a bar a guy asked me the carpet/drapes standard and I said that's like asking if a man is circumsized or not. He didn't like it very much. My grandma, my mom my sister and lots of my cousins are redheads too so I grew up with lots of ginger company to relate to so it's not so bad. I used to hate my hair as many redheads do as a child but now I love it. I remember my mom saying once when I was around 10 years old that she was going to cut it off in my sleep because it was so matted from me neglecting to brush it. Red hair tends to be dry and tangly in my experience.

Length
    chin/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I’m a natural redhead and I’ve had guys ask me “are you red everywhere?” Absolutely, they do it to embarrass me and I always answer “of course” and walk away., leaving them with their mouths open in shock! Should know better than to ask that question, of a redhead. We are feisty!🤣🤣

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Not anymore, I'm a brunette. Before losing it to chemo, it used to be strawberry blonde/red and when it started to grow back, it came in dark blonde and kept darkening till it got to my current color: light to medium golden brown (which is a mix of medium brown and blonde hair, so it was just the red in my hair that darkened to brown, I technically still have the blonde). It darkened naturally, since I haven't dyed my hair since 2005, when I dyed it a darker shade of red.
    No friend requests, please. I won't accept them
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL