Length
    Chin/BSL+/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Have you got any hair regrets?

Hello

Im new here so i thought i would have a go at doing a thread

Have you got any hair regrets? i have!

So what have been your hair regrets and how did you solve them or planning too?

I have two big hair regrets

1. Dying my hair blonde was the biggest mistake! i will show you

heres how my hair use to be

heres my hair when i dyed it blonde with a home kit! it didnt even come out blonde! but a horrible dirty blonde colour

2. My second regret, LAYERS! i hate my layers! with me dying my hair it runied it so i had to cut it to shoulder length

and i thought it would be great having layers, wrong! its so hard trimming my hair now. I wish my hair was even

heres my hair short with layers yuk

heres my hair now it still looks funny with layers but i am aiming to grow them out! hopefully using my coconut oil has helped me

thanks everyone!

Length
    14 in/32 in/42 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Have you got any hair regrets?

When I was 16 (I'm 25 now), my hair was about as long as it is now (waist-length), and I wanted to try layers. The person who did my hair convinced me that I had 12 inches of damaged hair, and that it needed to be cut. So there you go! 12 inches hacked away. Three months later, I decided to have 6 more inches cut, and had my hair up at my shoulders. I cut it again 2 years later (2002)up to my chin, found out I was pregnant, and cut it that short again in Spring 2004. Once it started growing out, I had it layered (at shoulder length). Once my hair got to Bra-strap length, I had TONS of layers put in, so that I wouldn't be tempted to hack it short again. Once it started getting closer to waist-length, I would have it trimmed up to the next layer. This last Summer, I had a 5-inch trim to undo the last layer.

I'm hoping I don't do any more major cuts until my hair's about 10-12 inches longer than it is NOW, and then I intend to cut it back up to my waist, and donate it. . . so I could say that I've donated some hair, and still ended up w/ long hair.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Well let's see...

Relaxing my hair and getting it cut into a bob when I was 15. I am mixed and my mom did not know how to take care of 'black' hair so it was always kept in two braids throughout my childhood, then in high school when I wanted to start wearing it down I got made fun of so much. It was probably damaged from brushing, but wasn't chemical treated, colored or anything. I just plain didn't know how to take care of my hair (s&c with any products, brushed while wet) so yeah it didn't look that good. I mistakenly thought relaxing it would make it straight but it didn't, it just makes it easier to straighten. I had to grow out my hair again from chin-lenght, and it was so floofy! At least I got some damage cut off though, I should have just done some research and then gotten trims over a period of time. It makes me wonder how long my hair would be now *sigh*

Getting it "professionally" bleached @ Hair Cuttery. All bleaching casues damage obviously, but whenever I did it, the hair never broke off in chunks. This time it did.

Flat ironing my hair simply because my so at the time preferred straight hair. All that damage has been cut off now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    Shldr/Fgrtp/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

There's a part of me that regrets hennaing -- the results have gotten unnaturally purple-red at the ends, and while my natural color is red enough that it's hard to see a line of demarcation, roots look brown compared to the length, so I keep using it. I think I need to spend a few years doing a henna-cassia mix to blur the line...

I do like the thickness and shine that henna gives me, but I want to eventually have my natural color back, and that's going to take a few years of growing out.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I'm going to have to say "no." I have no regrets about what I've done to my hair. I have regrets about going along with what other people wanted... But, even then, I'm glad I did it. Right out of high school I had my hair streaked crayola red. It was my way of declaring myself an individual. I wouldn't undo that for anything. I dyed my hair red for a couple of years. I'm still growing out the dye. But, I made a good redhead. I may even dye it red again in the future.

Everything I did made me happy at the time. It was me during that time. It may not be me now, but that doesn't mean I should regret it.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Definitely - I just cut to above shoulder length in August and I immediately regretted it!!

Length
    Chin/BSL+/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleArlene View Post
    When I was 16 (I'm 25 now), my hair was about as long as it is now (waist-length), and I wanted to try layers. The person who did my hair convinced me that I had 12 inches of damaged hair, and that it needed to be cut. So there you go! 12 inches hacked away. Three months later, I decided to have 6 more inches cut, and had my hair up at my shoulders. I cut it again 2 years later (2002)up to my chin, found out I was pregnant, and cut it that short again in Spring 2004. Once it started growing out, I had it layered (at shoulder length). Once my hair got to Bra-strap length, I had TONS of layers put in, so that I wouldn't be tempted to hack it short again. Once it started getting closer to waist-length, I would have it trimmed up to the next layer. This last Summer, I had a 5-inch trim to undo the last layer.

I'm hoping I don't do any more major cuts until my hair's about 10-12 inches longer than it is NOW, and then I intend to cut it back up to my waist, and donate it. . . so I could say that I've donated some hair, and still ended up w/ long hair.
    my shortest layer is about shoulder length so im waiting till my short layers grow about waist ish then i will cut it all even (gulp)

Good luck with your hair

Length
    Chin/BSL+/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ~GypsyCurls~ View Post
    Well let's see...

Relaxing my hair and getting it cut into a bob when I was 15. I am mixed and my mom did not know how to take care of 'black' hair so it was always kept in two braids throughout my childhood, then in high school when I wanted to start wearing it down I got made fun of so much. It was probably damaged from brushing, but wasn't chemical treated, colored or anything. I just plain didn't know how to take care of my hair (s&c with any products, brushed while wet) so yeah it didn't look that good. I mistakenly thought relaxing it would make it straight but it didn't, it just makes it easier to straighten. I had to grow out my hair again from chin-lenght, and it was so floofy! At least I got some damage cut off though, I should have just done some research and then gotten trims over a period of time. It makes me wonder how long my hair would be now *sigh*

Getting it "professionally" bleached @ Hair Cuttery. All bleaching casues damage obviously, but whenever I did it, the hair never broke off in chunks. This time it did.

Flat ironing my hair simply because my so at the time preferred straight hair. All that damage has been cut off now though.
    I sometimes think too, how long my hair would have been if i didn't dye it. But never mind hair grows!

Thanks for sharing

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

My regret is ever cutting my hair or even trimming biggest mistake of my life I should have never allowed scissors to be near my hair. Never again will I make that mistake

Length
    short/bsl./hip.
    Type
    3a/F/ii

My hair was bleached two times, in '05 and in '06.
    It was very damaged and broke off.That was my biggest mistake.

And I went to a hairdresser who cut my hair short because 'I was to old for long hair',she said.
    I was 36 years old.