View Poll Results: Have you used a microfiber hair towel or turban?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 73.86%
  • No

23 26.14%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microfiber hair towel/turban?

Default Microfiber hair towel/turban?

Have you ever tried a microfiber hair towel or turban like the Turbie Twist? What did you like or not like about it?

ETA: Well I chose 4 options and allowed multiple choice but it didn't take I guess.

If you have used one, did you like it? Why or why not?
    Last edited by nerdybrunette; January 8th, 2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: problem with poll

Length
    apl/waist/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Microfiber hair towel/turban?

I use it, it's turbi towel, it's much too small, because i have to fold my hair to get all in, but my hair dry faster with it. I was thinking about getting regular microfiber towel to use it for hair.
    . . . growing to classic

Length
    BSL/Hip/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm with morrigan, the microfibre towels soak-up so much water, so it's sooner that I can unwrap my hair to air dry, and they're lighter than regular towels. I've not been using my turbie twist for months, though, cos I hate having to fold my hair up into the thing since I reached waist length. They're too short...considering getting a microfibre towel and sewing it up to make my own long one
    BSL~MB~WL~HIP-LENGTH~TBL~CL~MTL~KL

Length
    15.4/hip/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My hair's layered, so it just fits the turban. And I *love* it. Makes your hair go from wrung/squeegeed out to nice and damp/towel dry. It majorly helps if you leave the towel on for at least 15 minutes. Cuts your drying time in half, if not more.

BTW, here's Cinnamonhair's tutorial on how to fit even knee length hair into a turbie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrQyV60Huo
    Lady Senua of the Golden Mask in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    WCC method (washing) + LOC method (styling)

Length
    apl/waist/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I think that problem with mine is that it has button on back, and loop on long end, end it's getting harder to twist it and hook it around button. Also i think is a bit smaller than one cinnamonnair uses it, it's the same length, but not as wide. And while it still works, i think it worked better when i did't need to fold my hair.
    . . . growing to classic

Hair toy hoarder! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I use a purple turbi twist. Works wonderfully!

ôSome of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    *My new website, updated July 21st! http://beckybearsbakeryandhaircare.weebly.com

Length
    19,5/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I got mine a few months ago, and the first times I had huge problems with static, my hair was all over the place and frizzy when it dried. Sad, because I really liked how fast my hair dried when using it. I kept using it, whith hope of it getting better, and it did! It just needed to be used a while I guess. So happy I didn't throw it away after the first horrible use

Length
    15.4/hip/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I got mine at a sort of discount store called "Action" - a pretty popular store in Belgium and The Netherlands. They sell them for just under 1€, no kidding, and they are slightly (maybe half an inch) longer and *wonderful*.
    Lady Senua of the Golden Mask in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    WCC method (washing) + LOC method (styling)

Length
    5/32/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My mother bought me two turban towels for Christmas and I really like them. My hair is a wee bit too long but so far it's going ok. They're not heavy like normal towels, I can actually wear my glasses while my hair dries, and it seems to dry faster and be less tangled. Usually I'll use both of them to dry my hair when I wash it switching the wet one for the dry one in order to really speed things up.
    "Goth Juice... The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith." - Vince Noir

Length
    1"/13"/36"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I use a rectangular micofiber towel and love it. Everybody else in the house leaves it alone because they think it's just another weird hair thing of Mama's, so I always have a clean towel. Win. My hair dries so much faster. I gently squeeze my hair with it to stop the drips and then wrap it up for 10 to 15 minures, then air dry.