Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: your DREAM hair

Length
    14/19/35
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Minako :

I have a clear vision of what I plan for my hair in the future ^_^
    I kinda hope I could get some strands of my hair platinum blonde (taking that I had white hair as a small child and that my natural hair color is
    light ash-blonde). I am going to try to spend as much time outside as possible - at the start of the summer I will have to do intense
    preparation for my 12th grade exams, so I will take the book nerding time out in the Sun , then later - I will be spending a lot of time
    in my garden. I also am going to swim in the local lake every day I expect some joyful times!

I have a saying - If you are going to be doing something, make sure you do it right!
    That applies to the keratin procedures also. If you hair is natural then you should have no issues. Your hair can even be bleached,
    but as long as you don't get a lot of split ends (sign of fragile hair), then I think it's good to use. Also, it's one of the more gentle
    hair straightening methods there are.
    Getting a keratin treatment once every 2-3 months is sooo much more healthy, than straightening your hair every day!
    With this treatment the temperature which is used is the main factor - the higher the temperature is the longer the hair are
    going to stay straight, and the more damaging it's gonna be. A fact - your hair can literary turn in to charcoal if it's exposed
    for longer than needed to temperatures above 390° F.
    Different hair textures need different temperatures, so you can't just give different types of hair the same formula.
    Your hair thickness and wave are the main factors that might regulate the temperature settings.
    If your hair is dyed or bleached the temperature needs to be lessened
    (and also bleached hair, that is stripped from natural protein and bonds is more susceptible to chemical reformation, than natural, healthy hair).

If you need any hair advice, I think I am not a bad source to get it from

Missblueeyes :

Lightening hair naturally in the Sun, while the summer is hot and sunny is one of the easiest things there are!
    All you have to do is spend a couple hours outside every day for a couple of months (or you can get a 2 week
    vacation to Africa ), so find some nice hobbies or things to do outside (like swimming and letting your hair dry
    in the Sun) and it is inevitable. Just don't use UV - protectant hair cosmetics and much conditioners, because they
    will prevent the Sun's work (but moisturise your hair after a drying day in the pigment - decimating rays ).

There are also a bunch of natural concoctions that help your hair lighten faster with the help of the Sun (especially
    on hair that is lighter than middle brown). Like, you can mix lemon juice with water and spray it on your hair, letting
    it dry out in the sun and then washing, moisturising it afterwards. You can also use chamomile or honey to lighten
    your hair (honey produces hydrogen peroxide, when in warm/hot temperatures). Many ways - and you can make
    your own recipe, that works the best for you. The internet is full of advices on this.

Hope this helps you

Blue_eyes:

That is a great thing to hear! I always love to hear people joining the lightened hair club

With Olaplex, hair lightening doesn't seem like an aggressive, dangerous procedure!
    But if you're planning to go blonde - do it at a hairstyling salon - so they could do it right,
    then you can do root touch-ups on your own, because they are not so difficult to do.
    Also, you are absolutely going to have to get a good conditioner and a weekly deep mask,
    maybe a purple shampoo might cone in handy also.
    Last edited by Gumball; August 25th, 2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43281 for details.

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Default Re: your DREAM hair

I have medium thickness hair in a color that can't decide between dark blonde and meh brown. My dream hair with be dark brown/black glossy tresses down to my knees with graceful, loose s-curls and angled bangs without a single cowlick. Mind, this would ridiculous with my coloring, but a girl can dream, right? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Hosestly, my dream hair is the hair I have. Just like 20 inches longer! The only thing I can think of that I would change is I would love to be a natural redhead... but my thinkness, my wurls (even on the bad days) I wouldn't change
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I have my dream hair too. The length is perfect, I love my texture, and it's also super-soft and doesn't tangle much. I spent a year hating everything about my hair before I finally got around to cutting back to my current length. It feels really great to like my hair again
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    Chin/Neck/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

My dream hair is classic length burgundy (current colour) hair, sadly it's barely at my shoulders so it's gonna take quite a while.
    But I'm definitely gonna try, and I hope to one day achieve it! I'm gonna try to go out my natural colour, which I haven't had since I was 7, but if I don't like it I'll just stick with the burgundy for a while.

Length
    21/25/44.5
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537617274241286192/

This is my absolute dream hair. A beautiful shade of brown, glossy, thick but still silky and a nice wave pattern. I wander what my actual hair will look like when it is that long

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

My dream hair is about hip length. It's dark in color - like a nice ash dark brown, or dark purple - and isn't frizzy. The only thing I'm missing right now in my current hair is the length

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/20/26
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Linard M B View Post
    Blue_eyes:

That is a great thing to hear! I always love to hear people joining the lightened hair club

With Olaplex, hair lightening doesn't seem like an aggressive, dangerous procedure!
    But if you're planning to go blonde - do it at a hairstyling salon - so they could do it right,
    then you can do root touch-ups on your own, because they are not so difficult to do.
    Also, you are absolutely going to have to get a good conditioner and a weekly deep mask,
    maybe a purple shampoo might cone in handy also.
    I will definitely be going to a salon! Thanks for all the tips! I can't wait to get my hair lightened. Do you have any conditioner and mask recommendations?
    Cut to APL(ish) July 28, 2016
    APL --- BSL --- Waist

DREAM HAIR!!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraAlaina View Post

DREAM HAIR!!
    Ooops what happened?

here's the link

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14918242492086773/