Thread: methi buildup...how fast?

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default methi buildup...how fast?

I did an S&D last night and had way more split ends than usual. Frustrated, I started trying to figure out what changes have caused this to happen. I've added methi into my washes over the past month, would a month be enough time to accumulate buildup that would cause breakage?

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: methi buildup...how fast?

I haven't had a problem with methi building up. If you think it's buildup then clarify and see if it helps. Everyone is different some are more prone to buildup from some things and not others. I get instant buildup from just one wash if I mix methi and hibiscus. Separately I have no problem.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I clarified and then did an SMT, my ends have lost the doll hair feel they had, so that is good. I guess I'm going to have to experiment slowly to see what led to this. Thanks for the reply mira-chan

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I got the doll hair feeling from hibiscus or amla. Seems to be the acidic. Methi did not give me doll hair feeling.

And the build up from methi, washed out easily. Maybe due to the heavy oilings I have done. My hair seems to be more protected with methi, no splits from it. But thick heavy IHW makes me shed more during the wash, so now I just use herbs that do not produce lot of mucilage.

Amla also seemed to give build up together with oil. Like a "greasy" coating.

Just oil and cleansers (and such as neem and brahmi) work best for me.

I think it is different for different hair types