Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tints of Nature

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Question Tints of Nature

Has anyone out there every tried Changes Tints of Nature which is supposed to be a natural gentle hair colouring?
    I have waist length hair that has never been coloured before so I am rather nervous about trying this. I am thinking about it now because my hair has been going white (in streaks) at the front for a number of years and is very noticeable, the rest of my hair is mid-brown but with a lot of red through it. I have very fair skin and don't wear makeup so the white hair is very draining and I am also looking for a new job.

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Default Re: Tints of Nature

Oh gosh! That's the brand that destroyed my hair! I used Extra Light blonde since it's a golden version of my hair color, and now it's all breaking off and being weird. Maybe try it just on the white hairs. I left it in for 15 minutes, and I have very fine easily damaged hair. I also had heat blow dried and straightened it about once per week and used silicones which hid the damage until I stopped. If you have reddish hair, henna is supposed to be good for that, and maybe just putting it on the white hairs if it bothers you.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Tints of Nature has PPDs, which I think was part of what drives many people away from boxed colors...

And remember... just because something is natural doesn't necessarily mean it's gentle...
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Oh just to warn you, it did give my scalp horrid red sores from how harsh the chemicals are(Not PPD, but the pH change. Of course, I have very sensitive skin, and it's bound to be gentler than Revlon. It is worth a try, and if you want a permanent hairdye, it's probably one of the better options.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

I researched a few more natural (low level ppd colours) for a friend, in the colour black.

Here is the Tints of Nature info. It contains comfrey (in red) but not much. I put the ppd (Paraphenylenediamine) in bold.

Tints Of Nature - up to 50 minutes to cover resistant grey - See Facts link below - Natural Black Ingredients
    Colour Gel - PEG 2 soyamine, aqua, cocamide DEA, alcohol denat, oleric acid, propylene glycol, ethanolamine, hydrolysed wheat protein, parfum, PEG-20 almond glycerides, aloe barbadensis, symphytum officinale, citrus dukis, citrus grandis, ascorbic acid, tocopheryl acetate, sodium sulphate, sodium hydrosulphate, tetrasodium EDTA, phenylenediamines, 4-chloro-2-methyl, 2-amino-4 hydroxyethylaminoanisole sulphate, n-pheryl-p-phenylenediaminesulphate, 4 amino-hydroxytoulene, m-aminophenol, p-aminophenol.
    Colour fix - aqua, hydogen peroxide, anthemis nobilis, polyquartemium-10, methylparaben, Etidronic acid.
    http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/tints+nature+permanent+hair+colour+1n+natural+blac k/pid/3560354
    Tints Of Nature Facts
    http://www.tintsofnatureusa.com/faq.html
    Last edited by ktani; May 14th, 2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Ooooohhhh There's parabens in it! No wonder I had problems with it!

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Thanks for the responses. As I have also got very sensative skin I think it would be best to give Tints of Nature a miss after what has been said. I'm not looking for a permenant colour change so I wondered if Catnip might be the answer by colouring the white hair helping it to blend in more with my natural colour.

Quote Originally Posted by KarpatiiSiv View Post
    Thanks for the responses. As I have also got very sensative skin I think it would be best to give Tints of Nature a miss after what has been said. I'm not looking for a permenant colour change so I wondered if Catnip might be the answer by colouring the white hair helping it to blend in more with my natural colour.
    It can, depending on the colour that you are after. Here is the Catnip Article. I use catnip every time I wash my hair so the catnip colour does not fade, I get conditioning too (no split ends)and no roots.

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    It can, depending on the colour that you are after. Here is the Catnip Article. I use catnip every time I wash my hair so the catnip colour does not fade, I get conditioning too (no split ends)and no roots.
    I'd read your article on Catnip which was very informative and its what started me wondering if it might help me. My natural colour is mid brown with some red. Before the white streaks appeared at the front my hair was naturally lighter on top due to the sun. I've never used anything on my hair other than mild shampoo and conditioner so I am a bit nervous although from what I have read about Catnip it is unlikely to have an adverse affects and is more likely to be of benefit. I suspect that blonde streaks through the front of my hair wouldn't be as noticeable as the pure white that is currently there. If the colouring from the Catnip doesn't look right does it wash out easily - I'd read somewhere that pure white hair can sometimes be a problem as it can be more absorbent.

Quote Originally Posted by KarpatiiSiv View Post
    I'd read your article on Catnip which was very informative and its what started me wondering if it might help me. My natural colour is mid brown with some red. Before the white streaks appeared at the front my hair was naturally lighter on top due to the sun. I've never used anything on my hair other than mild shampoo and conditioner so I am a bit nervous although from what I have read about Catnip it is unlikely to have an adverse affects and is more likely to be of benefit. I suspect that blonde streaks through the front of my hair wouldn't be as noticeable as the pure white that is currently there. If the colouring from the Catnip doesn't look right does it wash out easily - I'd read somewhere that pure white hair can sometimes be a problem as it can be more absorbent.
    White or grey hair can be absorbent but IMO, no more so than any other hair. It is a dryness and porosity issue. My grey/white hair reacts the same as the rest of my hair, which is no longer dry, with catnip use. Catnip has no adverse reactions on my hair in over 4 years of my using it. Just the opposite. I have no split ends, no dryness, less breakage than ever, my sensitive scalp is very happy and my growth rate is excellent (that was never a problem).