Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is you hair thicker on one side?

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Is you hair thicker on one side?

Quote Originally Posted by drquartz1970 View Post
    I wonder if there's a corelation between how fast your hair grows on the left or right side and whether it might be due to sleeping more on one side of your head then the other when sleeping.
    That's interesting. Every night I roll in my sleep, so I sleep on my back, on my stomach, and on both sides every night.

My hair has the same pattern of thickness on both sides. The back is the thickest and the part that would be bangs, if I had them, is the thinnest. But during the day I often part my hair on the left, so all the "bangs" parts hang on my right, making the edge of my hair on the right appear to be thinner and shorter than the rest of my hair.

My hair looks the most even if I part in the middle, but that thin bangs part makes my part too wide in front if I part in the middle (I think I am the only one that notices this).

I usually attribute my thin "bangs" to many years of high, tight hairstyles pulling on those poor hairs. (I am sure the curling irons and tons of hairspray during my teens were also not good to that area- especially when the hot iron got too close to my scalp).

Type
    2c/M/ii

My hair is definately thicker on one side. It drives me crazy sometimes!

Length
    13/37.5/termi
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Yes, me too! I have a very thin spot on the front left and a cowlick that prevents me from hiding it! but i try to part it to add to that spot , when it is all up its bare for the world to see..

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

YES!! I have a cowlick/thin spot on the right side and no matter what I do, it wants to part there and it looks like I'm bald on the right side over my right ear due to the cowlick - I hate that! I don't even like people to take pictures of me from the right side. I'm also blind in my right eye and ruptured my right ear drum and broke my right foot (I am NOT kidding). Even though I am right-handed, in general, I consider my right side weaker.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Length
    18''/29"/33"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair is definitely thicker on my left side. I think it's because I sleep on my right side...ever notice how babies sometimes get little bald spots on the back of their head where they lay all the time?
    ☼ Men are that they might have joy. ☼