Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sulfate Free AND Cone Free Shampoos

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Sulfate Free AND Cone Free Shampoos

I seem to be having a hard time finding a shampoo that is both sulfate & cone free.
    My local health store has a large selection of what's supposed to be natural & organic products but I'm finding myself shocked at how many shampoos have some sort of cone in them.

I know there's Aubrey's but I tried it out & just doesn't work out for me.
    Giovanni has cones...I looked at Jason, Nature's Gate, Alba & a few others all have either
    some sort of sulfate or some sort of cone in them.
    When I have the money to order Earthly Delights online I'm going to give that a go but does anyone know of anything a little easier to find in stores?

I don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods around. I'm in suburban Northeastern Pennsylvania so we have the basic Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, Kmart, Target, Kohl's, Price Chopper but that's about it.

Thanks!

Default Re: Sulfate Free AND Cone Free Shampoos

I'll be watching... I have the same problem!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I may be wrong, but I think Burt's Bees has a shampoo. Hope this helps you.
    http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/...0001&langId=-1

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Maelyssa View Post
    I seem to be having a hard time finding a shampoo that is both sulfate & cone free.
    My local health store has a large selection of what's supposed to be natural & organic products but I'm finding myself shocked at how many shampoos have some sort of cone in them.

I know there's Aubrey's but I tried it out & just doesn't work out for me.
    Giovanni has cones...I looked at Jason, Nature's Gate, Alba & a few others all have either
    some sort of sulfate or some sort of cone in them.
    When I have the money to order Earthly Delights online I'm going to give that a go but does anyone know of anything a little easier to find in stores?

I don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods around. I'm in suburban Northeastern Pennsylvania so we have the basic Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, Kmart, Target, Kohl's, Price Chopper but that's about it.

Thanks!
    Er... Giovanni doesn't have cones.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Burt's Bees has multiple shampoos, including one for color protection. I used their "Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet" shampoo and conditioner for a while, and also their "Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy" shampoo and conditioner. The scents are strong, so that might be a problem for some people, but I could handle the grapefruit and sugar beet scent. I liked the effect of that shampoo on my hair better anyway.

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm definitely going to have to check out the Burt's Bee line & see how that goes & I have a bottle of Giovanni Smooth as Silk or something like that & checked it out this morning because I'm getting crazy build up since I started using it & it's got something that starts with an 'a' & ends in 'cone'. I don't have the bottle on hand now but I'll let you know when I can. And that's the shampoo.
    I thought I saw another link at one point where people were mentioning that Giovanni did have cones in quite a few of their products.
    Maybe I misread that though.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Maelyssa View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to check out the Burt's Bee line & see how that goes & I have a bottle of Giovanni Smooth as Silk or something like that & checked it out this morning because I'm getting crazy build up since I started using it & it's got something that starts with an 'a' & ends in 'cone'. I don't have the bottle on hand now but I'll let you know when I can. And that's the shampoo.
    I thought I saw another link at one point where people were mentioning that Giovanni did have cones in quite a few of their products.
    Maybe I misread that though.
    If I'm not mistaken, the smooth and silk shampoo is the only product (shampoo and conditioner) that has any type of cone. I've heard good things about the other giovanni shampoos and conditioners.

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Burt's bees is great! A little drying for my very very dry hair, but not too bad. I love Alaffia also. Burt's Bees is easy to find even in a CVS.

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Try the Mint Julep shampoo from Queen Helene. Widely available at Sally's Beauty Supply.
    Some people have a way with words. Others, oh. . . no. . . have. . . way. --Steve Martin

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I preferred Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat to Burt's Bees. I do have pretty oily hair, but my mom recently started using and she has fairly dry, colored hair that she blows dry every time she washes it, and she likes it too. I think the trick is that the shampoo is very cleansing, but the conditioner is rich enough to make up for that, but probably a good post-oiling would be good, too. I'm pretty sure the TTTT shampoo doesn't have cones.