View Poll Results: What hair styles do you hate?

Voters
800. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pigtails (Low, High, or Braided)

76 9.50%
  • Dreadlocks (Dirty)

443 55.38%
  • Dreadlocks (Clean)

135 16.88%
  • Brightly Colored Hair or Patterns (Leopard spots, stars, etc)

184 23.00%
  • Bobs/Pixie Cuts

88 11.00%
  • Over Volumed Hair (Think "Bump-Its")

309 38.63%
  • Teased or Crimped Hair

326 40.75%
  • Mohawks

157 19.63%
  • Shaved or Fades

164 20.50%
  • Other (Please specify)

131 16.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: What hair styles can you not stand?

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What hair styles can you not stand?

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    I've told my story before. Short version, Confederate Hammer Skinhead didn't like my attitude or my ethnicity, and I got the worst of it. Alun, this was in Dallas. Very much the States.
    So, shaved. And the female equivalent: cropped with fringe.

That said, I have some dear friends who balded early, and decided to just embrace it, and the fringe or whatever is now left, is shaved off. I hope the reflexive fear goes away.
    Since much political discourse is nationalist, it's not happening yet.

Trump's hair isn't the troubling part.
    It's the feeling we are living a Phillip Roth novel that troubles me.

My issues aside, I sort of pity people who can't do what they want to because they want their hair to stay perfect.
    I recall the time when lil sis was carrying around some baby hamsters that she'd bred. They were an inch long, furry and very active. We were on the train when a tall shaven head English guy wearing black leather clothing stepped up to us. We were wary since we've heard old stories about such people. All he said was "Awww, how cute!", after that we breathed a sigh of relief and let out a laugh. It was a good moment to remember not to judge a person on appearances.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    I recall the time when lil sis was carrying around some baby hamsters that she'd bred. They were an inch long, furry and very active. We were on the train when a tall shaven head English guy wearing black leather clothing stepped up to us. We were wary since we've heard old stories about such people. All he said was "Awww, how cute!", after that we breathed a sigh of relief and let out a laugh. It was a good moment to remember not to judge a person on appearances.
    What a great end to the story, and I agree with being careful about judging a book by its cover. I have a girlfriend who dons the "skinhead shave with fringe" just because she loves the look, and unfortunately (but not unexpectedly) she gets judged a lot too, but little do people know, she's very pro equality, anti racist, and very involved in animal rights activism... definitely one of the nicest people I know.

· Into The Deep Sea · mermaid lullaby's Avatar
    Length
    20/32/33.5
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I think dreadlocks both clean and dirty are what I cant stand.
    Last edited by mermaid lullaby; May 16th, 2017 at 08:40 AM.

Sighs...I really don't like undercuts. But to each his or her own.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

Length
    Pixie/CL/TBL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think I'm probably just sensitive to age-appropriateness because I look a lot younger than I am... but I quit wearing high pigtails at about 22 deeming them at that point to not be age appropriate. These days, I think age-appropriateness is just subversive sexism, so I need to get over this instinct. Thanks for making me think about this, high pigtails, here I come (BUT NOT AT WORK).

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I like real dreadlocks, on hair that actually locs and doesn't just mat. White 'dreads' that are just matted chunks are on my dislike list for multiple reasons. I don't like a lot of teasing or the bump-it thing, I don't like the 80s poofy-bang situation, and it's really only ever seen on children but I hate the scraped-tight palm-tree pony.

Striving for my terminal length.

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I like real dreadlocks but not for me. don't like a lot of teasing or the bump-it thing, I don't like the 80s poofy-bang, I hate pigtails, braided or not, I don't like undercuts but I don't mind if anyone likes them, layers on top and layers in general are my nightmare: these stuff can look good on those who like them of course. What I really really hate is messy hairstyles. Torin is right, they look like a rat's nest instead of hair

Can't stand bump-it type hair, but to each their own. Also not a big fan of pigtails on most people, but some it seems to work for, I'm definitely not one of those.

Length
    21/HL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't prefer the one sided shaved hair. Especially if you have long, beautiful hair! I think it looks cute on some, but I would never do it! Especially if my hair was long.
    I think dreadlocks are kinda cool. I guess it's one way to maintain a long hairstyle?

* SL * APL * BSL * * WL * HL * BCL* TBL * Classic ?

I don't care for a lot of the styles you put in the poll, especially if we're talking about them being on women specifically. Call me old fashioned, but there are definitely masculine and feminine hair styles, and anything that involves cutting the hair really short or shaving it, or dreads, is very masculine and isn't doing women any favors to wear their hair in those ways. Women will always look more beautiful and feminine to me if they have longer hair, at least long enough to do some basic updos.

I also don't like really unnatural colors. As much as it would be cool to have cartoon character hair, it never looks good for very long after having it done. The huge amounts of damage to cover up, and upkeep involved to make it actually look good all the time is something I can't say I ever see any one achieve. It ultimately always ends up looking bad (bleach fried with overgrown roots and faded color).