Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you CO?

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

Default How do you CO?

I tried to run a search but nothing comes up.I have read alot about CO washes, but nothing about the actual steps.How do you CO?

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How do you CO?

Here's how I do it:

Apply conditioner

Finger comb

Scrub the scalp area

Finger comb

Braid

Go about the rest of my shower business (takes about 5 minutes, if that)

Rinse with warm water then cold water

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

My method is slightly different from the way I originally read about it (ugh! I hear the sirens...the Grammar Police are coming, and I FULLY deserve it for that one), but I'll post it here because it works so beautifully for me:

1. Buy a cheap conditioner WITHOUT protein. No "milks", "silks" or anything of that sort. Protein, I find, weighs the hair down. (Not everyone will have this reaction, so experiment.) VO5 is always good, and so are various Suave varieties.

2. Pour some conditioner in a cup--maybe 3 or 4 tablespoons for my length hair--and then add water little by little, stirring until it's about as thin as a shampoo would be.

3. Pour it on wet hair, massage into the scalp gently to loosen stuff there (eew! I know, I know), plop it all on top of the head and put a towel over the whole thing.

4. Go about your business for 30 minutes.

5. Rinse out THOROUGHLY, then use more conditioner just on the ends (cheap or cone-ey, it's up to you and what kind of a hair day you're having).

This is the best method for me. Not greasy at all, very clean and very soft.

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Wet hair.
    Apply conditioner.
    Scrub scalp.
    Add more to length & ends.
    Let sit while I wash up.
    Rinse.

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

To wash my hair, I apply a thin conditioner to the roots and scalp, then I sort of massage it in like I would with shampoo. Then I rinse it out and condition the length with a Suave conditioner.
    Every day is Thursday.

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I use 2 big blobs of conditioner on my scalp and then comb my roots. After a few minutes I wash it out and comb from the roots all the way down to the ends. I don't put anything on my length or ends while washing.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I wet my hair, apply a handful of conditioner (for whatever reason, thicker conditioners work better for me than thinner ones), apply to scalp and run down length, rub scalp a bit, wait a few minutes (3-10 depending on how long I shower), rub scalp some more, rinse, and repeat.

My hair needs what I call CO-C... CO twice in a row, basically.
    "If we amplify everything, we hear nothing"

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    Wet hair.
    Apply conditioner.
    Scrub scalp.
    Add more to length & ends.
    Let sit while I wash up.
    Rinse.

Same for me. I use a lot of conditioner even though my hair isn't very long. But it's dry, so I use a lot. I also find that if I don't have enough conditioner in my hair, I get too much friction when I do scalp massage and that results in breakage.
    May 2010

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

Does the condish have to stay in my hair for a long time to work, because I can't wash my body while I wait, then rinse my hair.I hate the slimmy feeling of condish running down my body and the residue it leaves on my skin if I dont soap up afterwards.Plus I get really bad bacne, and I found that my bacne decreased after I started washing/conditioning/rinsing my hair before I wash my body.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel17 View Post
    Does the condish have to stay in my hair for a long time to work, because I can't wash my body while I wait, then rinse my hair.I hate the slimmy feeling of condish running down my body and the residue it leaves on my skin if I dont soap up afterwards.Plus I get really bad bacne, and I found that my bacne decreased after I started washing/conditioning/rinsing my hair before I wash my body.
    It does help for it to sit in your hair for a while. I put mine in a shower cap while I wash the rest of me so it doesn't trickle down my back, then rinse it out by bending over and sticking my head under the shower so the conditioner-y water goes down the drain, not on me.