Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend cut his waist length hair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default My boyfriend cut his waist length hair

Or should I say...I cut it off?

Yes, that's right. He's been talking about this moment since I first met him. I can't believe that it came, and so soon, too! He has had long hair for his whole life. Only once did he cut it shorter than usual-when he was 14, and it was an unintended mullet(aren't those the worst?).

Anyways, he was pretty much only curious as to what it would be like to have short hair like the conventional guys out there.

He wants to donate his hair to a non-profit organization that creates wigs for women undergoing chemo treatment(they are distributed for free). I'm very supportive and happy about that, since my mother died of Pancreatic Cancer last month.

Not to worry. I steared him away from Locks of Love. He is considering Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

p.s, if you would like to see before and after photos, I would be mroe than happy to post them.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: My boyfriend cut his waist length hair

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPigeon View Post
    Or should I say...I cut it off?

He wants to donate his hair to a non-profit organization that creates wigs for women undergoing chemo treatment(they are distributed for free). I'm very supportive and happy about that, since my mother died of Pancreatic Cancer last month.

Not to worry. I steared him away from Locks of Love. He is considering Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

p.s, if you would like to see before and after photos, I would be mroe than happy to post them.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

No suggestions as to where to donate it, but what a nice chap he must be to do this. Sounds as though you have picked a good one!

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom passing. I lost my mom to the same cancer. If you are interested, I strongly suggest getting "Motherless Daughters- The Legacy of Loss 2nd edition" by Hope Edelman. It helped shine a lot of light on things that never occured to me before.
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Thank you, everyone. It means alot. I miss her a great deal. Blackfoothair, I'm sorry about your mother as well. Can I find the book in pretty much any bookstore, like Barnes & Noble?

Sometimes I think it hasn't fully sunken in yet that she's really gone. I'm pretty good at hiding how much it hurts, most of the time. =/

And I think I picked a good guy, too He has helped me alot througout the most difficult time of my life. I don't know where I'd be without him right now.

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Yes, in fact, I'm pretty sure I bought mine at Barnes and Noble. The most important thing is, no matter how bad it hurts (and I know how bad it does) let yourself grieve. NO matter where you are, what you are doing, let yourself grieve for her.

Now, not to be totally off topic, can we see pics of your guy's new do? And before as well.
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

wow!!!
    Im sorry to hear about your mum, and will second that you've picked a good guy there!
    Sorry to hear he cut if off, however, it will go to a good cause!
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Sorry to hear about your mom.

I also second the request for pictures!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Sorry about your mom -- I know how sad it feels when your mother passes.

Yes, pix please!

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

You could try Matter of Trust - they use hair to mop up oil spills.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. It has to be very difficult. Sounds like you have a good man that is trying to help ease the burden. I don't have any suggestions on organizations but am interested so I'll be watching for this for recommendations. And yes, we would like some pictures : )