Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Morrocco Method

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Morrocco Method

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Mine hasn't arrived yet (apparantly, checking the my mailbox compulsively every 5 minutes doesn't make something arrive quicker - who knew *lol* ) so I'd really love to hear your thoughts on MM once your hair was dry.

hehe....hair olympics...teehee...

The secret is to NOT rush to the mailbox. . .no matter what you hope is in there! This tricks the mail into being delivered quicker. You must try this! lol

My Report:

I got sleepy and had to go to bed before it dried but I woke up this mornning and my hair does look GREAT!

My hair is fluffy without being frizzy and it's very curly. . .lots of spirals. I've lost the doll hair shine. I think just a bit of oil would bring the shine right back up to where I like it.

I did mist my hair a few times lightly. . .had to try out the Diamond Mist. It's not heavy at all. This morning I am seeing loads of baby hairs curling out from my head but it's not frizz! So I think I'll really like the Mist.

The fragrance of the products is a little odd. It smells good but more earthy and natural. NOT floral or fruity.

And one other thing I noticed, my hair seems to have retained a bit more moisture than usual. I woke up this morning with still slightly damp hair! This surprised me because I sleep underneath a ceiling fan and just tossed all my hair over my shoulder, to the side of my pillow. I do this often and this is the first time I've still had slightly damp hair.

I'll work on using a lot less of the products and rinsing a bit longer but for a first go, I would say this went really well! I can't wait to try out the other shampoos!
    Last edited by gmdiaz; June 11th, 2009 at 05:27 AM.

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've tried all 4 of the shampoos and for my fine, fly-away hair the Sea Essence was the most moisturizing of the lot. I am starting to dilute these shampoos in water at a 1:4 ratio and they are easier to spread that way (without using a ton of shampoo). So far it seems to work just as well.

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Quote Originally Posted by gmdiaz View Post
    I received my Chi Instant Hair Conditioner, Sea Essence Shampoo and Diamond Crystal Mist today!

Just washed and conditioned my hair. . .waiting to see how it dries.

I think I used WAY too much of shampoo and conditioner. It doesn't foam up much and it doesn't feel like you're getting enough on to actually coat all the hairs but once I rinsed and conditioned, my hair felt super clean and conditioned. Although, actually, I am not all that sure I rinsed it out well enough. This IS going to take some getting used too!

My hair likes a lot of moisture, so we shall see, what we shall see, after my hair starts to dry.

I am hoping it won't be TOO funky and frizzy but if so, I'll spray with the mist. Otherwise, I'll use the mist as needed, between shampoos.

And I've ordered the other shampoos. . .and the oil and the detox as well, even though I am so totally NOT loving the woo woo component of the line.

My husband thinks I am in training for the hair olympics, what with all the vitamins and shampoos and oils. roflolol

Well, I would really really really like to reach my hair length goals. Gonna give it my best go. *snark*

Will update as I know more.
    They arent really supposed to foam much but are super concentrated. I dilute mine in a squeeze bottle... it also keeps the woo woo away
    [SIGP

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I kept my hair up in a bun all day but it felt more and more heavy and gummed up as the day went on. . .rather dull and lifeless. My hair fork didn't budge all day either. It usually slips around at least a little bit. When I got home, I took my hair down which usually feels great but it just hung there and felt icky. Not dry and tangley exactly but close.

AND my scalp feels itchy.

I applied my Bramhi Amla oil to my scalp and over the length and ends to hold me over until tomorrow, when I'll have to shampoo again, far earlier than normal. I usually go around 3 days between shampoos.

I'll try to dilute the shampoo way way way down and spend extra time rinsing. That should help. Of course, it could just be the adjustment period.

Will keep at it and let you know if this is a winner or a loser for me. If anyone is interested, I mean. Not everyone finds these hair stories interesting, I realize that! lolol

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Will keep at it and let you know if this is a winner or a loser for me. If anyone is interested, I mean. Not everyone finds these hair stories interesting, I realize that! lolol
    Oh, we do!
    [SIGP

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Do any of these actually work for oily hair that doesn't need any moisturizing? I've been very tempted but decided it's probably too "natural" for me. I wonder if they'd feel like Indian herbs.

Length
    ?/66cm/80ish
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maymui View Post
    Hi s_tresses,
    Any reviews on the Morocco Method shampoos??
    How are they working for you?
    I'm also suffering for hairloss, but mine is due to insufficient nutrients over my teen yrs.
    Hoping MM can help.

Thanks!
    Hello!
    Its fairly early to tell you anything about the regrowth. I do notice some baby hairs growing along the hairline but I cannot credit this wholly to the shampoos because I have been doing castor oil treatments and massages regularly with the MM use. I plan on adding massages with EO's to my routine.

I would still recommend them to you because I believe that going all "natural" would be good for your hair and scalp anyway.

I did not order the conditioner but I did get a trial size and the day I used it, my hair was much better since I have dry hair.

I read somewhere that the Apple Cider Shampoo would help with the dandruff but the opposite happens with me. That particular shampoo makes it worse. Sea Essence and Earth Essence are my favorite.

Another improvement I notice is with the oiliness of my hair. I used to have hard sebum which would not move down to the length of my hair and make my scalp very greasy so I would have to wash rather frequently. Now, I can go DAYSSS without washing if it werent for my dandruff.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Im interested too!

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Washing Day 2:

I haven't received my other shampoos, so I am still using the Sea Essence.

I used just the tiniest bit, a quarter-sized amount, determined to follow instructions. That amount barely covers even 1/4th of the top of my head but I just went with it. lolol

Rinsed an extra long time.

Then used a TINY amount of conditioner, sort of rubbed it around and rinsed it out.

Fluffed it up with my fingers. About twenty minutes later, I brushed it. . .and there was not one single tangle.
    My hair dried much nicer this second time. . . big and fluffy but not a lot of curls. The bottom half of my hair was kinda of stringy, relatively. That's the part that had the conditioner on it, so I am thinking that I really might not need the conditioner or need very much. This is really surprising because my hair is DRY!

My hair still feels a little off but I think it's the transition.

I can't wait to try the other shampoos that I have on the way.

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Im interested too!
    DO it It was one of the best things I ever did for my hair, I hope it can have that effect for everyone.

I think it's good for balancing, I've never once had oily hair, but I found that doing a single shampoo every day, made my hair purr
    [SIGP