Thread: Cassia and indigo only?

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Cassia and indigo only?

Anyone tried this combination with NO or very little henna added?

I'm asking mostly out of pure curiosity, as I'm pretty sure if this had great results more people would be using this mixture. Theoretically, I'd imagine cassia + indigo would help darken brown hair slightly without turning it too dark, but I can see it also turning purplish or greenish without large amounts of henna to neutralize.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Cassia and indigo only?

Indigo can stain green or blue. Dyeing with indigo only would cool the color you have. I doubt anybody tried that mix yet though. I suppose mixing indigo with cassia will push it further to the green side, and I can't think of people around here who would like it.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

i remember a member wo used this with success, parijate? You have to have quite dark hair from the beginning or else it would turn greenish.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I mixed mainly cassia plus a large spoon of indigo and put it onto previously henna'ed hair where I wished to cool down the red to a brown. I left it for 3 hours. I got a rather dark brown, which lasted for a long time before it faded (2-3 months). No blue/green, but then there were a lot of red tones to start off with. It was Parijata who gave me the idea. I wonder where she is these days.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Someone should do some test strands with this mixture! Maybe I will do it when I have more time, because I've been wanting to try cassia anyway.

I had a similar thought . . . maybe a mix of cassia/indigo would cool down my overly brassy tones. I haven't gotten around to actually strand testing though. I also don't really want to go any darker, so it may not work for me.

Account Closed by Member Request

I'm out of henna and contemplating to use up some lame indigo i still have along with the cassia i didn't really like anyways. I doubt it would change my color much but then again it's the multiple layers of dye that keeps my hair from fading so i guess i wont hurt either.