Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used Mega-Tek?

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Anyone used Mega-Tek?

I've heard of it being used as another growth-aid. Apparently it was mentioned years ago on LHC but I can't search for it on the archives ATM. On another forum ladies are using it for good growth. Any experiences here with it? The ingredients don't seem to have anything special other than protein, but if it works...

Right now I'm using MN, and will for a month to see how my progress is on that (and hopefully fix my scalp gunk- the sulfur did help with that too). I've used a EO combo and also my EO combo with sulfur and got about .75"/month on average (sometimes 1"). I haven't used anything in a long time since I was pregnant and exclusively nursing (baby staring solids now) and don't get more than .5"/month. I was thinking of mixing the MN with the sulfur mix to see if that improves my growth rate. I also want to see how Mega-Tek does on its own, then possibly with a mix with either MN or the sulfur. But that will take a long time to get comparisons, as I want to do one month each.

Love to hear any thoughts on those who have used any of the above alone or in combination. Oh, and I like the smell of the Mega-Tek .

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Hi,

I am interested in this as well and will be watching this thread!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I've never used MegaTek, but it was all the rage about 6 years ago. A lot of the ladies (I don't think any guys reported using it) bought it at Petsmart (if they have equestrian goods and tack).
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    pixie/23"/BSL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Sorry for my ignorance...what is Mega-Tek?

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Mega-Tek is actually a horse product (but 'safe for human use', too) that is supposed to help strengthen and thicken manes and tails as well as help regrow hair from bald patches. Some people have discovered that it helped increase the rate of hair growth when used on the scalp. Apparently, the company that makes Mega-Tek (Eqyss) has branched out into a sister company (Ovation) to make a practically identical formula that is marketed for people to use to get 'Thicker, Longer, Stronger hair- guaranteed'. But the human form is much more expensive, of course.

From the companies' sites- Mega-Tek and Ovation Cell Therapy

Also a really long current thread on using those two products on longhaircareforum (let me know if I need to take this link out, not sure if it's okay to link to another forum):
    http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...d.php?t=204301

I will be ending my current MN trial around the 19th of this month, then trim my growth, and start with Mega-Tek for a month. I will probably use it the same way as I am with MN right now, which is full-strength on the scalp after a wash, and slightly diluted with water on a dry scalp. But I wonder if I should perhaps devote two months to each product in order to give it more time to start up (if needed)?

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

OK I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered some Mega Tek and the Advocado spray!!
    I measured today and will get the products on Tuesday so I will start using them straight away and will post results in 1 month.
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

fightin' in satin tights Kuchen's Avatar
    Length
    18/27/34
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I used it but never noticed a giant growth spurt. A mega-tek CO followed by a conefree CO did give me my shiniest hair ever though. And yes, it smells gorgeous.

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

I'm currently using it - seeing a nice little growth increase, and a decrease in broken hairs, and it smells fabulous.....

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    I've never used MegaTek, but it was all the rage about 6 years ago. A lot of the ladies (I don't think any guys reported using it) bought it at Petsmart (if they have equestrian goods and tack).
    Not anymore, i'm afraid. i worked at Petsmart/State Line Tack, and have now moved on, but State Line is no more.
    Try Dover Saddlery.
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I tried it way back when it was a big fad at LHC. I don't remember it doing anything good or wonderful for my hair. I kind of liked the avocado spray. I think it must still be around here somewhere way in the back of the bathroom closet. If it's still there if I ever clean out the closet, I'd probably try it again. I do remember I thought it was very stinky. I hated the smell.

I am not here to decorate your world