Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainbow Henna

Default Re: Rainbow Henna

Zombiekins, I've heard some other folks say they didn't like the Rainbow Black too. You might want to try the Dark Brown. After repeated full-length applications, it became pretty much black for me:
    I guess that's my thing...I don't want to have to do repeated applications of anything to get black. Which is why I gave up on indigo (plus that weird gold tone I get from it is disconcerting). Rainbow henna is like 8 or 9 bucks for that tiny container that can't cover my hair in one go. But I can buy an equal amount of henna for 2 or 3 bucks. Indigo is 8 to 10 bucks for a pound...so, I dunno, it just didn't seem cost effective for something that I would need four containers of to do two applications.

It's ok, I'll be turning back to other methods for getting black. Just wanted to chime in with my less than impressed review of rainbow henna. I'm eagerly awaiting GypsyCurls's results.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Sorry you didn't like it! What I like about Rainbow is:
    -good price (especially to do roots-only it only takes a half jar)
    -available locally (no shipping costs)
    -consistent results (for Dark Brown, at least!)
    -nice dark brown with no red
    -permanent rich, shiny color (doesn't fade!)

ETA: Also I like that it doesn't make me or my DH sneeze like the BAQ hennas do! :-)

ETA2: Forgot this too - I love it compared to chemical color which burned my scalp, caused me to shed like crazy, and left me with faded hair and growout lines! Henndigo hasn't left any demarcation line at all since I've decided to grow out my natural silvers in December.
    Last edited by mellie; April 15th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiekins View Post
    It's ok, I'll be turning back to other methods for getting black. Just wanted to chime in with my less than impressed review of rainbow henna. I'm eagerly awaiting GypsyCurls's results.
    It may be a while...I didn't do the application that night, I'm sure I will need another jar. i''ll most likely get a lighter red shade to mix with the other one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, I'm fairly new to henna and I have a few questions.

I've used Rainbow henna twice now and on the directions it says to mix it with water and apply. I've been reading about henna online and it always says the mixture should be left for a few hours before applying to hair. I applied Rainbow Henna right after I mixed it with water, but was wondering whether it would make a difference if I waited?

If I continue to use henna, are my ends gonna become darker than my roots? The Henna color is not much darker than my natural hair and it washes off substantially, but I wouldn't like my roots to be lighter than the rest of my hair.