Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catnip seems to work!

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Catnip seems to work!

I've been using it for a few weeks now and it looks like I got less split ends!

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Cat-nip seems to work!

I did a really good S&D last night and found ONE split end! So I think catnip works wonderfully. Makes my hair soft and very easy to comb through, seems to eliminate the dryness. Did you bag it and leave it on for a while?
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I dip my hair in the cat-nip (I keep it in the fridge for a week and make fresh supply weekly) and towel dry it. I don't use condishener, so I just wash my hair, do a ACV rinse (not every time though) and then dip my hair in the cat-nip. I leave it in.
    How do you use it?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Glad to read such positive results. Catnip is not hyphenated though. It is just catnip.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I bought some catnip but I don't know how to go about making the catnip tea? How do I do it?

Thanks!

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

ilovelonghair, is your hair shiny even with leaving the catnip in? (I'd be more prone to use it if I didn't need to leave it on my head for an hour, then rinse.)

How about color, everyone--any changes you've noticed there?

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

I believe that it was posted up somewhere else that you use 1 tsp dried catnip and appx. 300mL hot water to steep the catnip in. You then let it cool and pour over your hair. Whether you want to rinse it out or not, is up to you.

I also incorporate dried lavender and fresh rosemary into the mix because they also add beneficial properties to healing any scalp issues.

Here's the link to a more comprehensive thread about using catnip: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=476
    Last edited by SleepySin; April 10th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairlight63 View Post
    I bought some catnip but I don't know how to go about making the catnip tea? How do I do it?

Thanks!
    Here is the catnip article. It is easier to read than the entire catnip thread. You can then just catch up with current posts on the thread.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Catnip seems to work!

Hi Canarygirl, I have noticed no color change with catnip. My hair is dark brown/gray and I henna so my grays are red. I think Ktani colors with catnip

I don't leave it on for an hour either. Right now it just does not fit with my schedule or my lazyness lol. I use catnip after my vinegar rinse. I leave it as long as I can. Sometimes I bag it in the shower and shave or what not but most times I leave it in for less then 5 min.

About once a week I soak my hair in catnip and leave it overnight. I also will soak the tassel of my braid in catnip in between washes if it feels dry. My hair is very dry and it has been a dry winter with radiant heat too. Sometimes I do leave catnip in and I get slip but most times this makes my hair flat. If I rinse it out I get volume and slip.

I hope you find a routine that work for you
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Default Re: Catnip seems to work!

I need as much volume as I can get, lol, and I prefer to rinse it out regardless. I do indeed colour with catnip and it works beautifully for me.
    Last edited by ktani; April 10th, 2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling