Thread: Manic Panic/SFX with Cassia?

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Smile Manic Panic/SFX with Cassia?

Hey, I just had a bright idea ("Oh, there we go again..." ).
    People say adding temporary dye like manic panic and such to henna makes it (the temp dye of course) stay little longer, and some do use it with success. How about dyeing with cassia and manic panic? Will it work?

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Manic Panic/SFX with Cassia?

Nobody? I'm ready to be your guinea pig if you sponsor me the SFX

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Where did you hear about mixing temporary dye with henna? I don't remember reading about the idea here, but of course, I don't have time to read 100% of the content here. Remember that people can post anything on the internet, whether or not they actually know anything about it.

I suspect it would depend on the specific color of temp dye, as the different colors tend to rinse out at different rates. Also on the particular head of hair. I've heard of some people getting pretty close to permanent color change from temporary dye, while others don't get any color change at all.

You're talking about mixing a commercial product with an hebal one. Any warentees/guarantees that come with the commercial product would be voided by such use. It's a "do at your own risk" sort of thing.

You'd probably also want to do lots of strand testing before trying, and to do strand tests for each color separately - don't assume that because you had good results with the first color, you will also have good results with a different color, or with applying a second color after the effects of the first treatment. Different colors means different chemicals which means different potential reactions.

Don't look to me to sponsor this experiment! Too many potential things to go wrong, particularly since you're still looking to gain length.
    I am opting out of the "Friends" system. All requests will be declined.
    Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice
    Ezekiel 23:20

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

There were several threads on the subject (just a quick few), and I know some LHCers do it to make their hair even redder.
    Some do the temp dye first and then henna. It seems to help the dye last longer. So the commercial product is used on its own actually.
    Of course, I wouldn't do anything without strand testing. But before I even go there I wanted to see what other people would think if it. You had a fair point about different colors acting differently, and therefore should be tested separately.