Thread: Question about APL

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Question Question about APL

When I say APL, I mean that it touches the crease of my armpit in the front when I am looking in the mirror.

The difference between my armpit crease in the front and in the back is at least an inch or two. The back is lower than the front.

Which side is APL?

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Question about APL

I'd say you can decide which you prefere, these are not rules set in stone

I count from the back of my armpits, I think that's most common. Some people do not count until hair gets stuck under armpits, that would be longer than just touching the crease. Many people take their length photos through the mirror, holding the camera above their heads: when hair is touching the crease then that would make it shorter than if you take photo with timer keeping hands down, at least on me.

Maybe the getting stuck under the armpits would be most accurate, as the way one is holding their head etc. affects the length photos so much.
    Last edited by Arctic; April 10th, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    14/26.5/Hip +
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I agree with Arctic, you can decide which you prefer. I've considered it APL by looking through a mirror and seeing it reach arm pit level from the back.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

When I wanted to see how close I was, I put a measuring tape underneath my armpits and checked to see how close my hair was to it (see my signature).
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)