Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Guilty secrets about hair!

Length
    ?/30ish/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Guilty secrets about hair!

Quote Originally Posted by skaempfer View Post
    I forgot one. Does this raise me above 'vaguely creepy' into the realms of 'exceedingly creepy'?:

Whenever I give in to impulse and chop my hair off, I keep it. Yep. Got three long, red ponytails. Now, if I could just figure out a way to glue them together end to end and stick them to my head.

Or who knows. They may come in handy in another 40 years if I start to lose my hair. Who'll be laughing then?

*Ahem*

Anybody else do this?
    My mum still has a 2ft long braid which was chopped off when she was young...

@Messy Cook, thank you very much for your response to my post, it's very kind of you to encourage me to feel better about myself.
    Mneh, you are very welcome.

It is very kind of you to call me kind but I truly do believe in what I said in my post.
    I was never a person who believed in the 'mainstream beauty requirements', as in only a certain color skin, hair type, body type can be beautiful.
    As cliche as it is: "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Beauty is in all things and in all people.
    Personally, I love seeing certain details in people, like beautiful hair put up with style and care, the roundness of a woman's face, or the sharpness for that matter, the way a man holds his shoulders, the way a person walks, the color of their eyes... To me beauty can be anywhere in a person and to limit it to only a certain clothing size or a particular shape of a face....it is just crazy!
    Beauty is very overflowing, it is not limited at all.
    And who wants to be that girl or woman who exactly fits the nowadays ideal of beauty....argh.
    Boring!!

I am not sure if I am making sense here.
    But, please, try to do nice updo's. You have beautiful hair, make it look even better!
    I agree with what others said about the widow's peak. It seems to give more distinction to a face, it seems as if someone thought before creating it, about how to make this face look its best.

I wish I had your strong attitude to criticism, my problem is that 'throw away' comments from others just linger in my brain and fester. I come from a family where 'flaws' aren't embraced and are frequently pointed out, so I think that's why I accept criticism from others too easily
    I believe that ideally, at a certain point in your life, you can look at your family with love and understanding and see that they do or say what they think is best.
    Maybe their comments sprout from their own insecurities.
    It doesn't really matter that much.
    Whatever their opinion is, it is okay, they have a right to have it.
    Of course, it does not mean that you have to agree.

With age I have noticed that it becomes easier to let things go, to let perceived hurtful words by others go. I tend to look more at the person who is saying it now and not so much at the particular words. To see that the intention behind it was probably good. And if any remark was really meant to hurt, it really has not that much to do with me, but very much with the person who said it.

This life is what you have, you have been given this body, this hair, this face.
    And it is what makes you you!
    You might as well give it the best you've got.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Shldr/???/BSL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I love this thread! I am fairly new here so right now my guilty secrets are:
    I wash my hair almost everyday and love how it feels & smells!
    I have not told my friends or co-workers my husband prefers me with long hair and is glad I am growing it longer.
    I use hairspray!

Length
    1/35/40

I have been deep conditioning my hair weekly forever and being a guy I suppose this could draw a few laughs! My neighbor stopped by last week to borrow some a cooler for a party and i had my hair wrapped up in a towel! Busted but we had a laugh!
    Jim