Thread: No rinse shampoo or hair refresher for in between shampoo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Question No rinse shampoo or hair refresher for in between shampoo

I am a no poo girl. I do the baking soda and ACV routine about every 10 days. I've pushed it to 2 weeks. I'm looking for something to refresh my hair and clean it up a bit between washings. Can I just put some baking soda in some water and spray it on my hair? What about castile soap? I recently discovered it and wondered about diluting it down and using it as a spray on my hair.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: No rinse shampoo or hair refresher for in between shampoo

How about a dry shampoo? There are a few threads on dry shampoos on LHC that you could search for.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm really looking for something wet. I have curly hair and trying to brush out a powder is a nightmare. I spritz with water to refresh my curls and I think putting a powder in the mix would get nasty.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I'm new here and looking for a recipe as well. I've tried the CG handbook lavender spray it works OK but the results don't last long enough. Can you spray with herbal tea?

oh and I tried the no rinse shampoo and it made my scalp itch like crazy, it didn't feel clean at all so looking for some natural alternatives to remove odors etc from hair and scalp.

thanks
    Last edited by Gumball; January 16th, 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Combined posts.

Length
    20/46/??
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I'm looking into this too. I'm thinking peppermint and rosemary would be good teas or essential oils to add to a spray. Castile soap seems like it would get sticky if not rinsed out.