Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVOO with Coconut Oil Discovery

Length
    20 in/waist/TBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

Default EVOO with Coconut Oil Discovery

I have discovered a new way to use my coconut oil. Recently, I switched from Coco. oil to EVOO as my go-to deep conditioning before shampooing and have been very happy with the results.

The only thing that concerns me is that the EVOO seems to soak in so fast, that sometimes I feel like I need to add more.

The other night I was giving my cats some coconut oil because they love it and it keeps the hairballs under control. So, I had all this extra oil on my hands and decided to put it on my length, OVER the EVOO.

Oh, my goodness! My hair is sooooo soft and very little frizz after washing.

Have I finally stumbled across my perfect oiling method? All thanks to the kitties?

So, my question is this: Does anyone else use a combination of oils on their hair? If so, what do you use? Also, if you use something other than EVOO or coconut oil, could you please tell in your post where you buy it? I have had a TERRIBLE time finding other oils. I've wanted to try jojoba and sweet almond, but cannot find them in stores near me.

Thanks!!
    starting length (oiled)
    Midback to Waist to Hip
    John 3:16

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: EVOO with Coconut Oil Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by eezepeeze View Post
    I have discovered a new way to use my coconut oil. Recently, I switched from Coco. oil to EVOO as my go-to deep conditioning before shampooing and have been very happy with the results.

The only thing that concerns me is that the EVOO seems to soak in so fast, that sometimes I feel like I need to add more.

The other night I was giving my cats some coconut oil because they love it and it keeps the hairballs under control. So, I had all this extra oil on my hands and decided to put it on my length, OVER the EVOO.

Oh, my goodness! My hair is sooooo soft and very little frizz after washing.

Have I finally stumbled across my perfect oiling method? All thanks to the kitties?

So, my question is this: Does anyone else use a combination of oils on their hair? If so, what do you use? Also, if you use something other than EVOO or coconut oil, could you please tell in your post where you buy it? I have had a TERRIBLE time finding other oils. I've wanted to try jojoba and sweet almond, but cannot find them in stores near me.

Thanks!!
    I do this when I'm moisturizing my skin!!! I think that EVOO is really moisturizing, while Coconut oil creates a barrier to seal in (or out) moisturizer. The fastest way to nice skin for me is to use something like EVOO and then lock it in with Shea or Coconut oil, I think.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I have a mix of coconut, EVOO and avocado oil in a bottle that I use for body and hair. I love this combination, too. A little goes a loooong way....
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Length
    SL+/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Interesting. I just posted about using evoo mixed with shampoo. I usually put a bit of evoo on my ends throughout the week until the next wash, but I might try co in this case.

On the whole, though, I tried and tried and tried coconut oil because it seems to be such a panacea for so many people, but I'm pretty impressed with evoo at the moment. Of course, this may change, as things do.

Length
    25.5/34/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Am using argan oil. I love the way it makes my hair shiny.

Length
    20 in/waist/TBL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

Does anyone know any good places to buy shea butter, argan oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil? I can't find them anywhere!
    starting length (oiled)
    Midback to Waist to Hip
    John 3:16

Length
    24"/30"/45"
    Type
    1b/F/i

I do this! I use Coconut Oil as my main oil, but only on the day after washing I use both Coconut Oil (a lot, and first) and then Sweet Almond Oil (second, just a bit). It is very very oily, so I only do this before bed, braid it and in the morning it's wonderful!
    I found sweet almond oil in Stop and Shop grocery store. It was in the same place where olive oil is, at one end of the olive oil display on the top shelf they had a small assortment of other oils (sesame oil, peanut oil, sweet almond, and a few others).

I use coconut oil mixed with jojoba oil for a deep- condition before i wash. I purchase my jojoba oil online at a site called bodyartforms.

Length
    APL/HL/WL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

I use coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond and grapeseed oil....I've been wanting to try Argan oil
    Please, oh please, oh please GROW! Goals: WL stretched *COMPLETE* , WL unstretched! New Goal: Hip Stretched...Here we go!

Running about London with Sherlock and John.
    Length
    19.5/WL/TBL

oilsbynature.com sells most of the oils/butters mentioned here...