Thread: Henna dye demise *dun dun dun*

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Henna dye demise *dun dun dun*

Sorry, kind of in a weird mood...
    But, I was wondering, since I've read multiple different answers, and while I'm sure this has been answered here many times, I'd like multiple answers all saying the same thing, so I can assume it's the correct answer.
    Sooo, how long does it take after henna's dye release, for the dye to "die" (w/ freezing, and w/o freezing it)?

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Henna dye demise *dun dun dun*

I have never freezed my henna, but in my experience, after the henna has released, that it becomes "bad" quicker once you put it on your hair. I'm not sure if it's because of the heat on your scalp, or whatnot, because when I leave it in the sun, it will stay "active" for several hours. Once I put it on my hair, the color difference from 5 hours on isn't much different, so 5 seems to be the peak time of the dye's effectiveness. I use LUSH henna, though, which isn't pure, so straight henna might release differently.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Type
    1c/C/iii

I'm a new henna user.I've only hennaed 2 times but I've let my henna sit on my kitchen counter for 24 hours then apply and I have not had dye demise.I'm not sure but maybe the quality of the henna matters I have been told to leave it only enough to give you color on your inner wrist but I don't have time to let it sit then apply,then wait,then wash.I just mix it up when I get home from work,slap it on my head the next day after work then leave it over night and wash in the morning and I only henna on Friday nights when I have the rest of the evening to myself
    Going for tailbone length & beyond

Length
    17/30/50
    Type
    1a/F/i

I have kept henna in my fridge for 2 months after dye release. When I thawed it and put it in my hair, I had WAY better dye and conditioning for some reason. Now I will freeze all my henna.

It's my understanding that once you have dye release, you only have a few hours window time to use or freeze the henna. But I could be wrong...it's been known to happen.