Thread: Henna & Green Wee

Born on the bayou, stuck in the land of the ice and snow
    Length
    26/26/32
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

My apologies if this is inappropriate or a dumb noob question. I did a search and couldn't find this specific concern addressed.

I've noticed green wee the past couple of times I've used henna. I found this on the H4H forum concerning the matter:
    http://www.hennapage.com/henna/forum...7ac6335b2f2c05

Does anyone have any more insight on the matter? I would hate to have to stop using henna, and I don't even want to think about what chemical dye puts in your system if this is what henna does.
    Last edited by Flaxen; April 7th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

~~~Of course this is my natural hair color! I prepared and applied the henna myself.~~~

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Henna & Green Wee

Anne where are you getting your henna from? BAQ shouldnt have excess green dye added to it, but I know some boxed hennas are greener than normal.

It could also be a side effect from a vitamin, I've heard this can happen (maybe one of the B vitamins?) are you taking anything new?
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Henna & Green Wee

It is a little strange and disconcerting that so much henna could enter your body through your scalp... But then again, many chemicals that we come in contact with end up in our body. (Flame retardants come to mind.) Given the very long history of henna, I wouldn't be too concerned if you have no other problems and your henna comes from a safe source. However, reading that makes me have second thoughts about using henna while pregnant or nursing.

ETA: Here's a link to the NPR story I remember hearing that your post brought to mind.
    Last edited by Anje; April 7th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!