Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bpal?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Bpal?

I hope I have the right board for this. I can't remember where I've seen it, but I do keep seeing it. What's the deal with these scents? What makes them special? What's your favorite one? I've been thinking of trying one or two.

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bpal?

Here is their site: http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

Essentially they are very strong, long lasting, and literary, historical, whimsical, sultry, ephereal scents. You'll get lost in the site reading the excerpts from tales and the ingredients that go along with the names they come up with

They are fantastic.

Here's the LHC thread on them: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...highlight=bpal

Being such complicated scents, they are very tricky to find your happy ones. I've gone through 2 sample sets of 6 imps (and they always threw in an extra 2) so I've tried a total of 16 scents. Of that, I've purchased one full size, and I have 2 or 3 other imps that I enjoy quite a bit and may purchase fullsized imps in the future. It's an expensive addiction.

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'd love to try some...but it's hard for me to decide what to pick when I can't smell them in person. Any tips?

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I love BPAL. I have a box on my vanity that is full of BPAL. I'm actually plotting an order right now...haven't done one in awhile.

My favourites so far are Snow White, Eos, Aeval, Bewitched, Hetairae, The Hesperides, March Hare, and Milk Moon.

I was concerned about ordering without sniffing but what I do is use the search function to find scents with notes I know I like...Jasmine, Honey, Apple, etc... Also if you hate it it's pretty easy to sell or trade it to someone else. They also always include some extra imps which have helped me to try scents I might have otherwise ignored (Bewitched)

Do you find this the scents last a long time on the skin? I always feel like i'm re-applying perfume.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by melrose1985 View Post
    Do you find this the scents last a long time on the skin? I always feel like i'm re-applying perfume.
    I find they are very variable. Some last all day (Snake Oil) others fade quite quickly (Privelege). There's nothing quite like BPAL, although I'm still looking for my ideal scent. It does kind of spoil you for commercial perfumes though - mine seemed very synthetic after BPAL. Some are lovely, some are unwearable (apparently it depends on skin chemistry as well as personal taste)

Length
    24/29.5/39
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Ohhh BPAL, I do love their scents! I have, I think 10 Imps so far that I've tried. And of these I only favour 4, and only love 2 of them. So it can be quite tricky to find something that works on your skin.
    That being said, it is completely worth the time and money to find a gorgeous scent you love. Because you will not find anything like it anywhere else.
    Plus, I can't wear normal perfumes because all I smell in them in alcohol. BPAL doesn't use alcohol, so all you get is the scent!

Actually, I think I want to make another order soon. Oh dear! I'm enabled now.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thanks, everyone!

I do know a few notes that I like. I like musk...I like sweet pea...I'll search around...will probably order some imps!

Great. Another addiction to pander to.

There are so many to look at.... Where do you even start?

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I love BPAL, too. My faves, so far are: Moon Rose, Antique Lace, Bliss, Dirty and Snake Oil. I am really into Snake Oil, right now. It is a gorgeous, delicious fragrance. And it is long-lasting. I can put BPAL on in the morning and still smell it in the evening or even the next morning.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!