Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will my hair ever grow back (after ringworm)?

Default Re: Will my hair ever grow back (after ringworm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alana2000 View Post
    Ok so over 2 weeks ago I posted about my bald spot and my battle with ringworm. Anyway, I was on Laprox cream and my spot has increased in size, and I have another spot forming on the very top of my head, so now I have one very large bald patch and a tiny one just starting to grow.

One website said that the hair may not grow back... Has anyone here had this and has had their hair grow back? Needing some help here. I see my Doctor on Wednesday about going on an oral anti-fungal medication. I am just so scared I will have this bald patch forever.
    My mom got ringworm (when she was a kid) from a cat and it spread over her entire scalp. They had to shave her head. Yikes! However, the ringworm cleared up, her hair grew back as it was before and all was well in the end - except that I was never allowed to have a cat...

Sorry, this is happening, it must really suck. Hope it clears up soon. Try to focus on getting rid of the ringworm and not worry so much about your hair, it will likely be just fine.

Length
    bob/cbone/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Not Ringworm, my doctor now says I have Alopecia. Now I have another bald spot forming. Hopefully I have a mild form, and hopefully my hair will grow back.

Banned
    Length
    Buzz/buzz/waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alana2000 View Post
    Not Ringworm, my doctor now says I have Alopecia. Now I have another bald spot forming. Hopefully I have a mild form, and hopefully my hair will grow back.
    Im sorry to hear about your alopecia. I know you're trying to grow your hair long

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I had ringworm once in college, not on my head but on my shoulders and other areas. My peach fuzz grew back, if that's any encouragement. Sorry you have to deal with this, ringworm sucks.

Length
    13/23/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Sorry, I didn't read the above. Best of luck!