Page 71 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Sigh, I don't know if my hair is silky anymore but it's definitely straight. Although my hair is naturally straight and probably more so the longer it gets by being weighed down, I sometimes straighten it to get rid of any wiggly strands or puffiness. Here I am, straight-haired trying to get off the straightener.
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Length
    14ish/29/36
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Do we have a straight hair thread?

Well, I guess we have it now, right? This is it?

1a here. straight, fine, thin, slick. Stringy too, if I leave it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Needs combing or brushing every few minutes or it turns into what my mom called "rat tails". ugh.

Fairytale ends are my friend... with them I can wrap my hair up and the ends will tuck in rather nicely. Blunt cut doesn't work for me, the hair does like paint-brush-bristles, the ends stick out and won't tuck.
    Oh, it's the same with me! My hair doesn't get very stringy, though. My hair is too thick for that. I have 1b hair, and it has a slight wave to it, though most of the time it isn't noticeable. It really only shows in the very ends and in the front, near my face. This wave makes having bangs a hassle, but I love bangs, nonetheless.

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I haven't been using conditioner for a while now. I lather up with a shampoo bar, rinse with ACV and use a teeny bit of Nightblooming Panacea while it's drying. Works great!
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    SL/TBL/clas.
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by white.chocolate View Post
    Still, people have silky only after they use a conditioner? Or is it possible to have silky hair without the use of a conditioner?
    i never used conditioner until recently because it always weighed my hair down. i have fine hair & started conditioning my length & especially the ends this past year only because i started going to the pool semi-regularly & chlorine is killer on hair.

if you feel your hair doesn't need it, i'd leave off the conditioner. everyone's hair is different, so experiment & see what's best for yours.

Length
    20.5/20.5/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I appreciate this thread so much! Thank you all for posting. It is good to know that I am not alone with my straight, thin, fine hair difficulties!

I tried something tonight that I have never tried before. I "washed" my hair with Suave Clarifying Conditioner. It was a little strange to me not to have lather, but the smoothness is wonderful.

Have any of you tried clarifying conditioners before? What has your experience been with them?

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissHair View Post
    Here I am, straight-haired trying to get off the straightener.
    I feel you girlie!
    For the longest time, when I had my nice, expensive straightener, I straightened every day. I didn't think I needed to at first but all my friends said I did... It's hard to get used to hair that isn't pin straight, but isn't wavy or curly either. :/
    There's not much support for loving your "my hair is straight except for a few chunks that just won't get with the program" hair.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

My hair is definetly pin straight on it's own and absolutely *refuses* to curl or wave in any way. Braid waves straighten within a few hours, and once when I was younger, I actually tried to get a "body wave" perm, and it didnt stick, so they did it again, for free, and it STILL didn't stick. For years I wanted curls or waves sooooo soooo bad, but after realizing the work people go through to acheive hair just like mine, I embraced it, and now I love it!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I have 1b hair. It is just not-straight enough to give it some bounce
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Type
    1b/M/C/ii

I use a full on coney conditioner. (Aussie brand) I drench my hair with it and leave wrapped in plastic for an hour as a deep conditioner. My hair is incredibly soft and silky. Whatever works for you, don't be afraid to embrace it. Rocking the coney condish life!

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by white.chocolate View Post
    Thanks! I use a conditioner, but there are times I don't. ...Like when I find out I don't still like the conditioner and give a break until I find another one.

Still, people have silky only after they use a conditioner? Or is it possible to have silky hair without the use of a conditioner?
    I think it depends on strand size, and on each person's definition of "silky" It's doubtful that my hair would remain silky if I didn't use conditioner. My hair loves conditioner; ever since I switched exclusively to CO-washing, it's been extra silky and shiny (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v